Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Scouting time approaches

Started by TURKEYWHACKER, February 10, 2015, 05:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twowithone

Decisions decisions I  hate that but get some buds together to break down the cost. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: g8rvet on February 15, 2015, 12:23:35 AM
Yeah.  It really is.  My bro and nephew both have private leases to hunt too, so unless things change, not much public for me this year.
Trust me Larry, if I had private to go to, I wouldn't hunt public. Good luck brother!! Can't wait to see your smiling face behind a gobbler!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Twowithone on February 15, 2015, 04:05:44 PM
Decisions decisions I  hate that but get some buds together to break down the cost. :OGturkeyhead:
That's why I hunt public. Here in central FLA, a working man can't afford a decent place to turkey hunt. It's outrageous!!

RutnNStrutn

I didn't get drawn for a permit this year, but I'm gonna tag along, call and video for some out of state friends. I'm headed out scouting with the biologist on the WMA they got drawn for. The biologist just so happens to be a lovely blonde. :icon_thumright: Win, win!!! ;D

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 23, 2015, 11:34:51 AMThe biologist just so happens to be a lovely blonde. :icon_thumright: Win, win!!! ;D
And she was lovely as ever!! :z-flirtysmile3: :love5: ;D

Twowithone

Besides cute as all get out did she give you any info or tips on those Osceolas. :firefighter:

RutnNStrutn

Yes she did!! That's why I said "win, win!!" ;D

Hayudog

It's that time out here too.  Local birds were fired up yesterday afternoon.  Heard one off property, and could hear a hen that was closer.  She was yelping ang he was trying to rattle the acorns with his gobbles.
I went to the land owner that owns the private piece that I hunt and asked if he would keep the turkey chaser off the property til I was able to hunt it with a new hunter.  She's never shot a turkey, and this place will be her best chance.  He agreed, hope the turkey chaser agrees to stay away..... Damn turkey chasers.  He's crippled more birds running away, and he even tells the land owner.  I just don't get it. 

RutnNStrutn

Dang!! You'd think the landowner would revoke his privileges. I would if I was him!

Twowithone

Im going out tomorrow same area but different spots and have to ask another for permission. :firefighter:

RutnNStrutn

Rick Howard

I scout year round.  My scouting trips consider everything in that area.  Just cause I cant hunt them at that time does not mean I can't learn something.  Each hunt is a scouting trip to me too.  While I am sitting in the alfalfa shooting chucks I observe a lot.  While I am out calling coyote I see many things other than coyote.  Spot and stalk deer hunting teaches me about more than just deer. 

To me, they all live in the same house.  I try to visit often and leave no one out.