News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Total Turkey Kills and States

Started by mozart_hunter, February 09, 2015, 09:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Tommy Strutsalot on February 10, 2015, 09:30:33 AM
LOL, I'm not worthy of posting on this thread.  I've been hunting turkeys since 2008, spring only,  and let's just say I can still count them on one hand, although I've been happy with my success rate the last three seasons. 

All Easterns.  All PA.

Don't worry about number of kills, the hunts I remember most are ones that ended well for the birds and bad for me. I have way more of those memories anyway.

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 10, 2015, 09:38:03 AM
LOL, I'm not worthy of posting on this thread.  I've been hunting turkeys since 2008, spring only,  and let's just say I can still count them on one hand, although I've been happy with my success rate the last three seasons. 

All Easterns.  All PA.

Don't worry about number of kills, the hunts I remember most are ones that ended well for the birds and bad for me. I have way more of those memories anyway.

Sometimes those are the ones that make you smile the most, especially if you kill that son of a gun later.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tommy Strutsalot

Quote from: davisd9 on February 10, 2015, 09:40:47 AM

All Easterns.  All PA.

Sometimes those are the ones that make you smile the most, especially if you kill that son of a gun later.

You both speak the truth.  I didn't become hooked on turkey hunting by shooting turkeys, that's for sure!  Although, I'll say revenge on a wise old gobbler is the sweetest kind. 

jblackburn

All Easterns.  All PA.

Some of my best turkey hunting memories have been when I did not carry a bird out of the woods. 

I would venture to say that I easily have 3-4 times as many hunts that ended without a shot than those I've killed.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

J. Adams

Not sure on how many, hopefully a few more to come....
AR
LA
TX
KS
NE
MO
IL
WI
AL
FL

Gamblinman

Let's see..since 1968..oh my..I have no idea how many birds. I didn't keep count of so many in the early years..I have harvested birds from many states..lacking the Pacific NW and far NE..nor Hawaii.

Living on a ranch in NW Oklahoma, we were given the green light to harvest as many as we wanted from the ranchers and farmers...they hated them because the large groups  would literally keep the cattle from feeding on round bails. In those formidable years, I wacked and stacked them..I now know better and practice good harvest management . Those early years sure were fun though. Was lucky to see 2, maybe 3 hunters all season long.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

CoachHunter

Called two gobblers in my very first turkey hunting trip in the spring of 2013. Thought turkey hunting was the easiest hunting you could do at the time.  Boy was I wrong.   Killed 1 more the rest of the season and 2 more this past spring.  All in SC. 

ElkTurkMan

Iowa,
Georgia
South Carolina
Nebraska
South Dakota
Florida

zelmo1

:funnyturkey: Maine and New Hampshire 15 total birds since 2001. Al Baker

CallDr

To old to remember..... lol...... since 1983 and lots of states. I did get a Rio and Goulds on the border of Texas one year. Never got a Florida to complete what ever slam that would be. Passed up a hunt with Lovett William's in the Yucatan that I regret. Always thought 5 birds in the Low Country of SC was good enough slam for me....lol.

www.wildtalker.com

fallhnt

110 with a bow....IA.IL.MO.KS.and NE. 30 or so with a gun. Took a few years to get my first bow kill.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

marshboy

6 states for me
Iowa
Minnesota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Missouri

Blong

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Quote from: CallDr on February 10, 2015, 12:23:42 PM
To old to remember..... lol...... since 1983 and lots of states. I did get a Rio and Goulds on the border of Texas one year. Never got a Florida to complete what ever slam that would be. Passed up a hunt with Lovett William's in the Yucatan that I regret. Always thought 5 birds in the Low Country of SC was good enough slam for me....lol.

Texas Goulds??

I-55Bandit

I got serious about it in 2008 or so. I think my number is 17. My favorite hunts have been watching kids shoot em during MO youth season though.
MO, GA, KS.  Got skunked in Oklahoma last year for a rio and am headed to FL this yr and W KS for a rio.