OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How to straighten bbl?

Started by fountain2, February 09, 2015, 03:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain2

I've talked to several today..rob Roberts says the old schools bending will work to a degree, but it will go back and also you will be aiming weird.  I told benelli...all I got was go buy a shim kit.  Rob Roberts said shims can't fix it.  I figured benellli may offer to take a look or something... but nope.  Mr Roberts also said that the earlier m1 20/12 and also sbe 1 were notorious for this.  No fix..I'm screwed.  Its going to be tru glo mag. pro gobble dot or ff3.....or sell and find an m2.  Bout all there is to it.

Dead ringer was not really any help and the way he described to move it all sounded like a gimmick pitch anyway...moving from the front to back of one rib on the gun...that crap ainr gonna move enough to see a difference. 

O well...I got an expensive gun that shoots crooked! 

JHoyle

I had a m2 that shot 8-10" high  and 6"left. The shim kit fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owlhoot

ok the vent rib raises (ramps) up from the receiver to mid barrel or so. Moving front to back will raise and lower the sight. I don't like it, but there it is.
I don't see how a shim kit would fix this ?? If you are sighting down the rib to the bead wont your eye align back to the bead anyway? Shim for instinctive shooting yes.?
Does the bead sit low ?
I hear ya , i bought a Franchi 720 that shoots very low too. It was used and still high priced, wanted to use for doves , quail , pheasants and clays abit.  I thought about bending the barrel , ya for those sneaky turkeys around the tree. I named it ,so i cooled down a bit.

owlhoot

JHoyle

I told myself the same thing...if your looking down the rib there's no way the shim kit can make a difference...but it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worth612000

Tbrady I hold no judgement on anything you said. All that I said was to the owner of the gun. I feel He does not know why his gun is shooting 10" off. He does not know if his barrel is bent or if the rib and bead is off on the gun or there was a defect where his choke tube is threaded. Plus he owns a gun that is  worth more than an old single shot. What you stated was how to spend no money and manipulate a bent barrel. I think the ideal that the owner is clueless is what got this going. Don't feel bashed, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

James

Snoodsniper

Quote from: fountain2 on February 13, 2015, 05:05:31 PM
I've talked to several today..rob Roberts says the old schools bending will work to a degree, but it will go back and also you will be aiming weird.  I told benelli...all I got was go buy a shim kit.  Rob Roberts said shims can't fix it.  I figured benellli may offer to take a look or something... but nope.  Mr Roberts also said that the earlier m1 20/12 and also sbe 1 were notorious for this.  No fix..I'm screwed.  Its going to be tru glo mag. pro gobble dot or ff3.....or sell and find an m2.  Bout all there is to it.

Dead ringer was not really any help and the way he described to move it all sounded like a gimmick pitch anyway...moving from the front to back of one rib on the gun...that crap ainr gonna move enough to see a difference. 

Dump it and get something you can trust. You need a gun that shoots to POA......this thread is really over the top....Good job :)

01Foreman400

Quote from: fountain2 on February 13, 2015, 05:05:31 PM

Sounds like a peice of junk. I'll give you $200 for it.
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

fountain2

^ I picked up that different brand today and I liked it.  Its getting close to season and I need to be doing something fast.

the Ward

Yea I got a little carried away. I would like to apologize if I offended Tbrady or ihuntolschool, it wasn't my intention to. They were just trying to help out. Not making excuses for myself but I've been on the mend from a health problem and my mood has been a little off lately. Good luck with the gun Fountain, hope you can get a solution!       :z-dizzy:

zeke632

I had a 1100 that shot way off in the early 80's.  Gunsmith put it in a vise and whacked it with a rubber mallet a couple of times.  Fixed it......until on morning in late April and I coaxed a gobbler up that had earned a nick-name around here and he flew off when I pulled the trigger.
I hung a pop can on a bush (a popular way to evaluate your shotgun back then) at 25 steps. Had a rest on my tailgate and missed the can completly, the barrel had worked itself back to its original problem.
Drove straight to the nearest pawn shop and traded that thing off. 

g8rvet

Yeah, I think I bought that old 1100.  Where do you live now?   :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :toothy9:

I had a Nova like this.  Gave it away.  Glad to see it gone. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.