OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke tubes for a 835 24" barrel

Started by HoosierHills, February 08, 2015, 08:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoosierHills

Just bought an old school 835 synthetic stock with a 24" barrel. My next step is a turkey choke for it. I have been shooting a 500 with a standard barrel with a kicks choke (.665) My ammo is LB's and Federals i have had great success. Killed my IN bird as well as my first KY bird last year, both shots were one hitter quitters.

My mentor told me I should stick with a choke that's .675-.680. Was curious what others recommend for a choke and restrictions.
Foot on head.

Philippe

The SSX, Stardot and Pure Gold have been top performers in my 835

ericjames

Quote from: Philippe on February 08, 2015, 08:22:02 PM
The SSX, Stardot and Pure Gold have been top performers in my 835

What he said.

dirt road ninja

Indian Creek's .675 is my best all round choke in both my vintage  835 and my 935.

drum817

SumToy .675 would be my choice..... Best of luck!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

chatterbox

SSX was the best performer of all chokes I have tried in my 835. That is what I use.

HoosierHills

Thanks everyone for the quick response looks like you guys are looking forward to season as much as me. I am familiar with all the chokes mentioned here. I wish I had the money to just buy them all, but that's the way it goes. It's hard to make money when you call in sick everyday in April and May. Anyway I will keep this post updated as to which one I go with and the results. Thanks again guys I love this site!
Foot on head.

heyboy15

i shot a .690 jellyhead with mag blends and the patterns were untouchable.

turkey harvester

Kicks Gobblin Thunder in .680 with winchester supremes #5, 3 1/2". Puts the hurtin on them
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

HoosierHills

Quote from: turkey harvester on February 10, 2015, 10:15:00 AM
Kicks Gobblin Thunder in .680 with winchester supremes #5, 3 1/2". Puts the hurtin on them

I love my Kicks choke for the 500. I think I've narrowed it to three chokes, Carlson ported Choke .675, Kicks Gobblin thunder .675, or Pure Gold .670.
Foot on head.

jordanz7935

I have used the indian creek .675 and kicks .680 in my 935 with great results. I have heard nothing but good things about Pure Gold .670, Star Dot , Hevi- Shot turkey choke.676, and the Sumtoy .675. I see carlsons is now making a "longbeard" choke for the 835 which is .683 that i bet would pattern good too.

Roost 1

Kicks .680... I have one for sale in classifieds.

LARRYHAYNES

Quote from: heyboy15 on February 09, 2015, 11:33:52 PM
i shot a .690 jellyhead with mag blends and the patterns were untouchable.

What kind of #s were you getting with the mag blends
LARRY

DMP

I shot a jellyhead .690 3" hevi 6's through one and my numbers are around 200.

jordanz7935

Just a heads up, theres a few of the truglo gobble stopper chokes on ebay for cheap right now. This isnt the famed truglo ssx, but just a regular non ported extended turkey choke. Ive always been interested in those chokes myself due to the .679 exit diameter. I beleive truglo has stopped making these chokes.