OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How to cut plexiglass?

Started by sugarray, March 21, 2011, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Buxndiverdux on March 21, 2011, 09:24:37 PM
I'm in the glass business. Glass is cheaper and easier to cut. Plexiglass is ok, but it scratches real easy. Go to your local glass shop and ask for 1/4" plate glass with standard seamed edgework. It should last a long time unless you drop it on concrete.

I'm thinking they etched both of mine around the edges.  They are real smooth.  

Buxndiverdux

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 21, 2011, 10:00:42 PM
Quote from: Buxndiverdux on March 21, 2011, 09:24:37 PM
I'm in the glass business. Glass is cheaper and easier to cut. Plexiglass is ok, but it scratches real easy. Go to your local glass shop and ask for 1/4" plate glass with standard seamed edgework. It should last a long time unless you drop it on concrete.

I'm thinking they etched both of mine around the edges.  They are real smooth.  

There are all kinds of edgework options. I suggeseted the cheapest option. All you need for this application is something that won't cut you. If the glass tech is good. You will be able to draw perfect circles with standard edgework.

honker22

I just use a 5 gallon bucket.  The bottom of mine is 10.25" in diameter... Sorry guys the secret is out, all my #s are 10.25" circle
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Skeeterbait

Slick I don't know why I didn't think of that.  I cut a ring but I make mine only one inch wide so the internal is 10 and the external is 12.  But fact is I seldom look at a 12.  But a 20 outside would be useful.  Gonna be a rather big template but it will be more useful.  Now I am going to have to cut another one.

boggszilla

26 gauge sheet metal ring.talk to a local hvac guy,may get one free.

hookedspur

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 22, 2011, 03:40:52 PM
I wouldn't mind having a 20" plexi circle, with a 10" circle cut out of the center, that way you could make both your 10 and 20 circles at once.
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

I just cut out a 10" circle out of clear visqueen plastic.
Have to be slow in tracing circle, but it was free besides the time it took to cut it out.

God Bless,
David B.