OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Halloran Metal Mouth

Started by Tailwalk, February 05, 2015, 10:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allchokedup

That's one call I plan on trying out at the Convention.

slwayne

Man, that is one expensive call.  I love my Crystal Mistress (it's the one call I have that NEVER leaves my vest) and the concave aluminum soundboard is an interesting twist but it better be pretty darn special for that price.

Tailwalk

Yea I'm the same way about my twisted sister! May have to sell a couple calls to afford the metal mouth

letinmfly

I checked out David's site and noticed that his Top Shelf is no longer listed.  Guess the Metal Mouth is taking over.  I have his CM and I've heard his Sugartown Sweetness and they are his best sounding calls.  IMO
If anyone gets his new call please let us know how you like it. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

scoot12

Lou,  suppose to have one hand picked as we speak,  I will let you know when I get it.  Scoot

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: letinmfly on February 06, 2015, 06:44:20 PM
I checked out David's site and noticed that his Top Shelf is no longer listed.  Guess the Metal Mouth is taking over.  I have his CM and I've heard his Sugartown Sweetness and they are his best sounding calls.  IMO
Hey Lou;
David told me that he can't get the supplies to build the top shelf anymore. I'm going to the show in Perry, Ga tommorow and I'm planning on getting the metal mouth if it sounds as good as it does in the video. I will shoot you a txt to let you know.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Tailwalk

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on February 06, 2015, 08:11:16 PM
Quote from: letinmfly on February 06, 2015, 06:44:20 PM
Hey Lou;
David told me that he can't get the supplies to build the top shelf anymore. I'm going to the show in Perry, Ga tommorow and I'm planning on getting the metal mouth if it sounds as good as it does in the video. I will shoot you a txt to let you know.

Yall let us know what you think!!

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

chefrific

I picked up the metal mouth in Perry yesterday and Harold Fowler and I went trough and found a sweet matching striker. Stabilized 5 piece, African blackwood, deer antler, carbon and fossilized walrus tusk tip.
This is one GREAT running call.  As David says in his video, it really does have that 'thump' at the end. 
It's pricey for sure, but oh my does is sound sweet.

ncturkey

It is a great sounding caller.

Tailwalk

Looks good that's for sure!!

TalknTurkey

Quote from: chefrific on February 08, 2015, 12:36:59 PM
I picked up the metal mouth in Perry yesterday and Harold Fowler and I went trough and found a sweet matching striker. Stabilized 5 piece, African blackwood, deer antler, carbon and fossilized walrus tusk tip.
This is one GREAT running call.  As David says in his video, it really does have that 'thump' at the end. 
It's pricey for sure, but oh my does is sound sweet.

If you were able to run it against David's other Crystal calls, could you please comment on how it sounds compared to the twisted sister and/or top shelf Cacklin Crystal? I'm a big fan of David's calls, have both of the ones I just mentioned and one of his boxes and they all sound great. I'm trying to decide whether or not to add the Metal Mouth to my vest as well. It would be an easier decision if they weren't so pricey :)

chefrific

The only other call of David's I own is his Crystal Mistress.  The Metal Mouth definitely has more of a 'thump' on the eardrums as David says in his video. It just sounds 'better'.  Hard to explain unless you hear it.  To me, the Metal Mouth talks more turkey than his Crystal Mistress, but I promise you that both will be in my vest.  Is it worth the extra money, maybe.  I ran every one of his calls at the show, and this is the one I kept coming back to.
It's quality in build and sound. Period.

scoot12

If it sounds better then his crystal mistress,  sales will go through the roof.  I can't wait to run it.  Scoot