only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DOES YOUR STATE REQUIRE A PLUG ?

Started by hookedspur, February 04, 2015, 07:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

Illinois does, why would you need more?

Jbird22

Like catdaddy stated, no plug required in MS. I keep a plug in mine regardless.

hookedspur

Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 05, 2015, 10:14:20 AM

I dont need more ! I never put more than 3 in and most of the time 2 is all I load ,but my home state
doesnt require a plug so mines not plugged .But I hunt several states every year and never gave it a thought till now .
So I figured this might be an easy or lazy way to find out without calling all the State DNR offices.  ;)

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GSLAM95

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Dtrkyman

Quote from: hookedspur on February 05, 2015, 12:22:51 PM

I dont need more ! I never put more than 3 in and most of the time 2 is all I load ,but my home state
doesnt require a plug so mines not plugged .But I hunt several states every year and never gave it a thought till now .
So I figured this might be an easy or lazy way to find out without calling all the State DNR offices.  ;)

Being from Illinois and a water fowler mine is always plugged!

Gobble!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

turkey harvester

TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Goose

Alabama requires a plug while hunting all "Game" animals. So I leave it in year round for the Benelli.

The 870 doubles as a home defense gun so I take it out after season.

Blong

Ms, I honestly dont know. All mine are plugged so I dont worry about it.

FttFttVroom!

Oklahoma only requires plugs for migratory game birds

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Only time my waterfowl gun is unplugged is during snow goose season.....
My turkey guns always have plugs in them regardless where I go and are only ever loaded with 2 shells anyay.

Marc

Cause some moron will miss a bird at close range, and keep shooting as it runs or flies away, even when the bird is long out of range...  Just like guys do all the time waterfowl hunting with only 3 shells...

I see no reason not to load three shells in the gun.  If I could load 5 shells I would, that way I would not have to carry more shells in the vest in case of a catastrophic miss...  I would hate to miss a bird, have no more shells in the gun or my pocket, and have a nice tom give me play on the walk of shame back to the car...  I have yet to ever fire three shells at a bird, but that is not to say I might not need to at some point...

Plus, I hunt in mountain lion country, and I like the third shell for that very reason...

I would see a benefit to hunting quail and upland with 5 shells though...  I could do some damage on the quail as they start popping up in three's or four's...  ;D
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

surehuntsalot

not required here in Ms.
I always have the gun fully loaded, never know when a coyote or other critter gonna show up
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

albrubacker

Quote from: gobbler777 on February 04, 2015, 10:20:19 PM
Maryland and Delaware does.
I can not find anything in Delaware regs requiring a plug.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott