turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longbeard Chokes - Has anyone tried one

Started by 870-Wingmaster, February 03, 2015, 11:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870-Wingmaster

I see where Trulock and Carlson are now making chokes especially for the longbeards.  Has anyone tried one yet?

budtripp

Haven't heard anything about them. I do know that they used Indian Creek chokes while developing and testing the shells. I happen to have an Indian Creek choke so that's what I'll stick to for longbeards.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: 870-Wingmaster on February 03, 2015, 11:47:32 PM
I see where Trulock and Carlson are now making chokes especially for the longbeards.  Has anyone tried one yet?

Here you go: http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=724

I also used both Trulock and Carlson's WLB chokes in the "Turkey Choke Evaluation Project" that I recently completed. You'll be able to see targets, charts and read how the evaluation was conducted, so you'll be able to make up your own mind as to how each choke performed in the evaluation. I took all shots in conditions that are as close as I could find to actual hunting conditions that most of us experience in the spring and fall. It will be published toward the middle of the month and I hope you find it helpful.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

870-Wingmaster

Thanks Clark, i enjoyed your article and can't wait to ready your next one.  I wonder what the outcome would be if you shot the #5 WLB's through the #6 trulock choke?!?!?!

allaboutshooting

Quote from: 870-Wingmaster on February 04, 2015, 10:26:32 PM
Thanks Clark, i enjoyed your article and can't wait to ready your next one.  I wonder what the outcome would be if you shot the #5 WLB's through the #6 trulock choke?!?!?!

Thanks. Good question. The "Evaluation Project" turned out to be much more that I had anticipated. It was however quite revealing in many ways. Even now when I look back at the results very carefully, I see things that I did not see initially.

Thanks again,
Clark

laker

Clark,
      I am looking forward to reading over your choke evaluations. I have been wondering when it would be posted. Glad the article is coming soon!

-Garrett

jkieffer

I just tried the carlsons with #6 LB out of my nova. A very deadly combo.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: laker on February 07, 2015, 10:19:07 AM
Clark,
      I am looking forward to reading over your choke evaluations. I have been wondering when it would be posted. Glad the article is coming soon!

-Garrett

Hey Garrett,

It should be available very soon. I hope you find it informative.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. I'd hoped to be able to put some results of my shooting the new 3rd Degree shells here but the weather has not cooperated.