OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My mother just killed her first turkey!!!! (Picture added)

Started by handcannon, March 21, 2011, 12:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handcannon

I just got an email from my dad. He said that my mother killed her first turkey this morning. This poor woman has had the worst luck of anyone that I know. She has been hunting for years and has had some close calls but has never been able to kill one. She went out by herself and called in a jake this morning and finally got to bring it home with her. I cannot begin to explain how proud I am of her. She more than deserves this bird. I cant wait to get some pictures.

Congratulations Mom!!!

LX_Trkyhntr

That's GREAT!!!  I remember you telling about trying to get her a bird last year.  Congrats to mom!! :z-guntootsmiley:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

njdevilsb

That's awesome.  And she did it by herself.  Congrats to you mom.

handcannon

Man I tell ya, I'm about as tickled as if she was one of my own kids. I just wish I could have been there to celebrate with her.

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

You sound like a proud son, Travis. Having Ma kill a bird all by herself is huge.. Congrats to your mother for killing her first bird, and for doing it by herself. That is tremendous..Good for her..Mike :you_rock: :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Flydown

That is sweet Travis!  :you_rock:  tell momma Handcannon congratulations!!! :icon_thumright:

redarrow

That is great. Tell Mom,Dad and any body else that will listen,YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

tjh24

handcannon

Just finished chatting with her on Facebook. She called in 6 jakes. Told me that she pulled the trigger at about 12 steps and the other 5 birds just stayed right there for about 3 minutes after she shot. She said by the time they left her gun was really heavy. She said she was super excited but did not have anyone there to be excited with. Kinda felt bad about that but a man has gotta work. Still waiting on those pictures. What was funny is that she was only sitting she said about 10 feet from her electric golf cart.

guesswho

Thats to cool!  I hope there will be many more to follow.  Way to go Mom!!!! :wav: :happy0064:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

kansas hooks

harvester

mossy835

Congratulations to your mother. That is fantastic!