Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

You can only carry three strikers...which three woods do you carry?

Started by ScottS, February 01, 2015, 01:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottS

So let's say you have to pick only three strikers to hunt with for a whole season. What types would you put in your vest?

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

hunter22

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

wvlimbhanger

grayfox

TauntoHawk

I often only carries two last year although I have over 20. It's my hooks yellowheart and my halloran purpleheart.. After those two I'm not sure which is third paduk, ipe, Dymondwood
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tom Threetoes

One dymond wood for my glass, another for my slate and hickory for everything else.

mgm1955

Spring Creek Calls

This seems to change with the calls I'm totin that day, but purpleheart, diamondwood and yellowheart go most of the time.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

BowBendr

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

sbbow

tulipwood,diamondwood, and dogwood. For now snakewood might replace one of these.