OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Doc's Book

Started by hobbes, January 31, 2015, 02:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

I'm going to toss out a plug for Doc's book, Turkey Tails and Tales from Across the USA.  I just read it this week and will likely read it through again soon. Doc does a great job of making you feel like your sitting next to him in the turkey woods.  I think it's a must have if you like reading turkey hunting tales from a real "turkey man".

I've been fortunate enough to meet Doc one time on a hunt in IL.  He had a row of turkey legs with hooked spurs across the dash of his van and was only part way through the spring.  I wish I could have spent more time listening to his tales than the short visit we had. 

Good luck this spring Doc but don't waist too much time before writing the next volume.

allaboutshooting

I could not agree more with you about Doc.

This is a message from him yesterday:

QuoteHad a 3-step ladder tip out from under me Wednesday. Landed on my back and elbow on a concrete floor, which jarred my shoulder real bad. Then, the drill in my hand (I musta tossed it up in the air when I fell) came down and bashed me in the eye. Got a heckuva shiner to show for that, and just now got the results from an MRI on my shoulder...badly torn rotator cuff. Bummer. Surgery in a week or so, then will be off work for 6 months recovery time. That's the bad news. Good news is that workman's comp says I'm officially off work for the next 6 months, including turkey season. They'll at least pay me enough to take care of my mortgage, and all that time off should give me the opportunity to finish Turkey Tails and Tales from Across the USA, Volume 2.

In every life a little rain must fall, but there's usually a silver lining in the darkest of clouds.....

I know we all wish him well in his recovery.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

West Augusta

I guess that means that Doc won't make it to Nashville this year.  Was nice meeting him last year and I agree that his book is a good read. Get well soon Doc.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

mgm1955

Fun read. Get well soon.

Rio Fan

I've read Doc's book 3 times since I bought it last year.  I'll definitely buy his next edition as well, he's a great storyteller. 

Sorry to hear about his injury.  Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

ddturkeyhunter

Its just makes it easy for me to ask her instead of looking how or where, so where do I go to
find to buy Doc's book?

ddturkeyhunter

I found my answer on where to get Doc's Book in a in a post from a month or a few weeks ago. A very , very good interesting interview with Doc.

gobblingghost

Can someone forward me doc contact info?

hobbes

He's on here as Hookspur or you can buy on Amazon.  He'll sign it if you order from direct.

dfresh55

i tried to message with the above name, and it said it wasnt an active name?.....

hobbes

I wasn't aware of that.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: gobblingghost on February 01, 2015, 11:03:57 PM
Can someone forward me doc contact info?

Here's the "Conversation with Doc" link and you can find contact information near the end.
http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=738

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."