turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What brand of decoy should I get?

Started by Juan Gonzales, January 31, 2015, 12:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Gonzales

I'm wanting to get me some new decoys this year and not sure what to get. I want to get some really nice ones so I've narrowed it down to either the avian, DSD or Dakota, what do you think? I use a killer b strutting decoy now with one hen, but what do you guys like? Thanks!

jepcho

I always recommended avian x decoys. I absolutely love mine. The look amazing and aren't to bad to pack in. You can't go wrong with dsd, but I like that I can collapse mine if I need to and they are softer which helps some when carrying.

wvlimbhanger

Count me in for DSD. I have their jake, upright hen, feeding hen and the leading hen cabelas sells. I've noticed a significant difference in how turkeys positively respond to these decoys. I usually carry the jake and leading hen because i can set it out on ground in a breeding position or put it on stake. If it's a rainy field hunt morning then I will put the whole flock out. I don't believe you can find a better decoy unless it was a mounted one.

USMC0331

Avian X for me. I have not nor own DSD decoys but if you use them I feel sure you will be very successful.

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Gobble!

I think the DSDs look more realistic but the avians are probably easier to carry around.

Juan Gonzales

Thanks guys, do you prefer a half strut jake and a leading hen or what. The strutter has done me well but sometimes the younger birds shy from it.

mudhen

I use mostly DSD, but the Avian-X 1/2 strut Jake is a great option, and easier to carry for me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

30_06

greenhead11

dsd best looking on market and work well

cornfedkiller

nativeks

DSD. We bought both, and the Avian X got the boot.

RutnNStrutn

I bought a couple of DSD's for this upcoming season.

TURKEYWHACKER

I just bought the Avian X lookout hen and was so impressed that a feeder hen will be ordered in the next day or two. Nothing against the DSD decoys except the fact that I can't pack several in my turkey vest. I hunt public land and must walk in all my gear and the idea of toting full body non collapsible decoys doesn't work for me.

jhcats10

Avian X, can't beat them in my mind. They look great, cost less, are durable, easy to carry, and if you travel out of state, being able to collapse them saves a tone of space.