OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

You have $150 to buy a new turkey vest, which one would you buy and why?

Started by ScottS, January 30, 2015, 04:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottS

With all the turkey vests on the market today it's hard to choose one. The topic about slate calls similar to this one did well so I figured I'd start one for turkey vest.....GO!

Gooserbat

Tactical tater II, because I have one and after trying a few different ones just to sell them for a loss I found the one for me.  It carries everything I need and does it securely, is very durable and the seat is the best.  The only draw back is it is a bit heavier than some of the others but I'll gladly carry an extra 1/2 pound for the features.   
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ShortSpurs

My old MO is about 10 years old, so it could be time for a new, and probally better vest. I haven't looked at vests for awhile, so they could be many innovations I been missing out on.

The search is about to begin ......

daymude7288

Im going through the same delima right now.  I have had a super elite 3 for quite a while and never had any complaints.  I want something in bottomland camo so that limits me quite a bit.  Im looking at the ol tom full vest right now.

mgm1955

BRUKSHOT

I just bought a Tactical Tatr II from Cabelas this past week and as far as I am concerned, it is the perfect Turkey Vest! :turkey2:

tomstopper

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 30, 2015, 04:38:14 PM
Tactical tater II, because I have one and after trying a few different ones just to sell them for a loss I found the one for me.  It carries everything I need and does it securely, is very durable and the seat is the best.  The only draw back is it is a bit heavier than some of the others but I'll gladly carry an extra 1/2 pound for the features.   
Couldn't have said it any better

reynolds243

Tater2 with kickstand no question

Proverbs 3:5

Sent from my phone using Technology

TauntoHawk

Kick stand is great for field edges, standard one for sitting against trees. Camofire had the tenzing one onsale today and they make a great pack
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TN Beard Buster

Knight's Hunting Products Hands Free vest! If not that I'll give a nod to the Tactical Tatr!

zelmo1

:gobble: Tac Tatr 2 is a great vest. I am a big guy and it fits and has all the features I will ever need, Al Baker

hookedspur

The Primos Gobbler vest is hard to beat for half the price ,
the vest with the kick stand get mighty heavy toward the end of the hunt.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

eddie234