OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wife's Louisiana Bird

Started by jperrotti, March 21, 2011, 09:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jperrotti

Me and my wife alternate who is primary shooter until one kills a bird. I was shooter Saturday, chased a henned up bird most of the morning and went home empty handed. Sunday was her turn. Morning started out foggy. We called up a few hens but that was it until 815 when a heard a gobble a good ways off. We started towards him. Closed the distance to about 200 yards and setup. It was extremely thick. My wife sat next to 9" diameter sweet gun and I just knelt down in some weeds 10 yards behind her. Started sweet talking him and realized it was multiple birds and they were headed to us. Took them about 5 minutes to appear. It was so thick we couldn't see them until they were about 20 yards away and then she couldn't get shot til about about 13 yards. She blasted him and I wasn't able to get a shot at the other two. Nice 2 year old 8" beard .75 spurs.
Lights out Glass and Hevi 13...A deadly combo

Nothing like a good celebration drink

My daughter wasn't to fond of the turkey though

Remington 870 SPS-T Super Mag .660 JH Nitro 2-1/4 oz. Straight 7's Burris FastFire II

sugarray

Congrats on the great bird and great time with your wife.
:happy0064: :happy0064:

handcannon

Congratulations to your wife on her bird. I imagine by that smile she's gonna wanna go again. Baby girl on the other hand dont want nothing to do with the gobblers I take it.

REBELYELL

bowhunter84

Roostem33

Great job, Congrats to your wife!!!! and you for getting it to her!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

JVA54

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

Congrats on the nice bird.   :you_rock: :fud: :newmascot:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

tjh24

Great hunt and great pics! congrats to both of you!

kansas hooks

Congrats to your wife!!!!  Nothing like spending time in the woods together.

alloutdoors

Congrats to you both, sounds like a fun hunt and even better to be able to share it.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

hobbes

boomer

turkey slayer