turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Smoke phase hen decoy

Started by jblackburn, January 29, 2015, 10:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

First, I know companies are always trying to stay fresh and introduce new products to make money.  I get it, so I don't want this to be a bashing thread, but what are your thoughts on this?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Flambeau-Smoky-Baby-Upright-Hen-Decoy/1906302.uts

I'm sure it will work just fine, but what would be the advantage?  In 16 years of turkey hunting in 7 states I have seen one smokey colored hen. I raised a few Royal Palm turkeys when I was a kid and every once in a while the wild ones would come to the yard and mingle with the domestics, so turkeys don't care about color phase, IMO.

Thoughts?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

davisd9

My thoughts:

"A fool and his money will soon part ways."
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mgm1955

IMO if you already have a decoy its a waste of money. Seems to be a marketing ploy.

Gobble!

Just bought 6 dozen to use as snow goose decoys.  :turkey2:

wvlimbhanger

I believe a few of these and a squealing hen call would make you a turkey killing machine.

the Ward

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: davisd9 on January 29, 2015, 10:54:26 AM
My thoughts:

"A fool and his money will soon part ways."

No Doubt!!!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

jblackburn

Quote from: wvlimbhanger on January 29, 2015, 08:24:13 PM
I believe a few of these and a squealing hen call would make you a turkey killing machine.

Add a turkey butt out and it would be complete!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.