OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Does The Camo Pattern Make The Turkey Hunter

Started by Turkeyman62, January 26, 2015, 12:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

willy8457

They killed lots of turkeys before camo was even used.Like they said movement is the key

dfresh55

you guys are sill, we all know that turkey isnt coming in if your not in full head to toe mossy oak!  :funnyturkey:

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mgm1955

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

owlhoot

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 26, 2015, 02:10:07 PM
It only makes you cool.
x2
not to the turkey,  but at the cafe or gas station if you don't have the latest  and greatest no one will believe you are a REAL turkey hunter.

Of course you can go Bottomland retro too!  :z-guntootsmiley:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: willy8457 on January 26, 2015, 02:45:15 PM
They killed lots of turkeys before camo was even used.Like they said movement is the key
:agreed:
But it definitely helps if you find yourself in a marginal position, or get caught off guard.

catdaddy

I could not tell you the name of the camo in my closet if my life depended on it.

tomstopper

Well I must stink then and have only killed a pile of dumb turkeys if it does. Movement and patience has killed more birds than camo ever will.....

Bigspurs68

The pattern that I like to wear most often is called "on clearance".  I love the stuff! Hundreds of turkeys never knew I wasn't cool.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"