only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody use military camo?

Started by jakesdad, January 25, 2015, 09:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daymude7288

Yea I wear it everyday to work  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

bamagtrdude

Yes, I do; got some of the digital pants & wore those almost all season long.  The hat is an SOG digital camo pattern, as well; stuck to a Realtree patterned shirt, tho.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

tomstopper

Quote from: Bigspurs68 on January 25, 2015, 11:10:48 PM
I wear woodland BDU pants quite a bit. Iv never been too concerned about the camo I wear. If you're still, they don't care. Period.
^^^^This

silvestris

An ideal camo pattern would be one-half good camo and one half a gray tree bark color split vertically.  Talk about breaking up the human outline.  It would look somewhat silly out of the wilderness, but then don't we already look somewhat silly.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

JLCustomTurkeyCalls

I use my military issued woodland patterned GorTex when its a real soaker.  They work awesome just a bit noisy.

Good luck!  -Eric

JLCustomTurkeyCalls.com 
www.jlcustomturkeycalls.com

JLCustomTurkeyCalls.com
Made in USA  Veteran Owned

Frankiecruzer

I wore my gortex under a long sleeve Cotton shirt to quite the noise and it worked well

Semper Fi USMC

okiegobblers

Quote from: JLCustomTurkeyCalls on January 26, 2015, 06:49:59 PM
I use my military issued woodland patterned GorTex when its a real soaker.  They work awesome just a bit noisy.

Good luck!  -Eric

JLCustomTurkeyCalls.com
Me too.

the Ward

Check out the German army "fleck tarn" pattern. It looks like it would be pretty effective and some of the surplus is pretty cheap. I wanted to try a ww2 style German smock in the "pea dot" pattern as it looks like it would blend in really good but it would give me the heebee jeebees looking like a Nazi lol!

Kent Mueller

I use my woodland digitals from when I was in the Marine Corps. Best camo I've ever used to hunt turkeys! Like markjm15 said it really blends in well in our neck of the woods!

WildTigerTrout

I used my Woodland Camo BDU's for hunting for several years after leaving the US Army in 1982. At that time Woodland Camo was new! It worked very well.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

surehuntsalot

the woodland pattern is just about all there was when I started hunting turkeys, it works very well
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bamagtrdude

I deer hunt in the woodland camo pattern (pants); I love the feel of these pants, and typically combine them will military-issued polypropylene tops & bottoms so I don't even have to wear all my heavy insulated stuff in the stand.  Unfortunately, MP Surplus in Newton, AL has closed its doors, so I'm searching for a new place -- if anybody has any suggestions in AL/MS/GA/TN/FL, shoot 'em my way!

Oh ya, the black wool gloves are *awesome*, too!!!  I love those things!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Kylongspur88

I have tiger stripe jungle camo and woodland bdu bottoms and woodland top I wear. Some of my buddies like their digi camo...

worth612000

I think it's  movement over camo and miltary camo is just fine. When I was a teen I didn't have the first bit of camo. Wore my blue jeans, my jacket, orange vest, toted a lever action 30-30 and killed way more deer than I do now.