turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody use military camo?

Started by jakesdad, January 25, 2015, 09:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

Have seen some pics of desert camo that looks like it might blend in good with the ground early in the season with lots of browns.Do know several guys who use the old military woodland camo.Anybody use the military camo and what do you think of it as compared to other camo?

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Tail Feathers

I carry a military spec rain poncho in woodland camo.
I don't have any other military style camo tho.  If you do your part and stay still, I bet it will work just fine.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gooserbat

I wear multicam pants. It's no so much for the pattern as much as the durability,  however the pattern seems pretty universal.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

West Augusta

First time I went turkey hunting I wore Dad's Korean war Marine camo because mine was all packed away.  I called in 3 longbeards that morning.  I haven't been the same since.  Stay still and it doesn't matter.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

owlhoot

tiger stripe jungle used to be a great late spring season camo.  Looks cool too.

zeke632

I wear BDU camo pants sometimes, most of the time I wear light weight hikeing pants by North Face. The NF pants are solid green.  Turkeys don't seem to mind the solid color.

I think the desert camo will work just fine.

Bigspurs68

I wear woodland BDU pants quite a bit. Iv never been too concerned about the camo I wear. If you're still, they don't care. Period.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

mgm1955

Military digital camo should work fine. Sitka uses digital camo in at least some of there patterns. Bottom line is like others have said, stay still and you can wear just about anything. Lots of turkeys were killed before camo existed.

cutt down

When my son left the Marine Corps last year we chased a few turkeys & he wore his Marine woodland digitals. Absolutely fantastic camo pattern! I understand why the Corp uses it.

Izzyjoe

I've deer hunted for many years with the old woodland camo bdu's, Bil was in the national guard, so I got a lot of hand me downs.  I use mossyoak infinity for springtime, but I don't think it matters to much!

M Sharpe

I wear the pants every hunt with no problems.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Gamblinman

Quote from: owlhoot on January 25, 2015, 10:15:04 PM
tiger stripe jungle used to be a great late spring season camo.  Looks cool too.

Still wear it

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Spring Creek Calls

Military issue woodland BDU pants are my late season choice when things start to green up. The ripstop material is light and cool. Double knees and seat are great also.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

silvestris

If you are motionless, avoid bright colors, your clothing doesn't shine and you sit in the shade, you are good to go.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

markjm15

I use the new Marines green woodland camo and it blends in like no other in the terrain that I hunt. I love it and its a fraction of the cost compared to scentlock and under armour brands.
Mueller Custom Calls

-Mark Mueller