turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How do you swap and sell?

Started by boggszilla, March 20, 2011, 10:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boggszilla

How do you guy's swap & sell on here without paypal?? anyone been burned selling stuff on here? i'm a newbie,and need some direction.

thanks,jason

bird

The safest way to go if you don't use pay pal would be to use a U.S. Postal Money Order.

bird

Crappiepro

I've traded and bought alot of items on other forums from people. I try to get as much info as possible and I don't use pay-pal. If they don't wanna give any info like phone numbers, e-mail address then I don't ship it and I always wait until the money comes. Talk to them on the phone. I want them to use a U.S. Post Office M.O. order too. I ship everything with a tracking number and ask the same when buying from other's. This way you have some proof that it arrived to address givin or shipped from them. I havent gotten burned yet( Knock on wood. LOL). Some forums have feed back on the sellers, I check that and the number of post they have. If some one is on a black list, then "No Deal" and if they dont have alot of post then I try to get all the info I can. I think this is a good forum and the guys selling or trading here are of good word and you should be alright. Are you the Boggzilla from the Indiana Sportsman forum?  Good Luck Crappiepro

S.C.C

Quote from: bird on March 20, 2011, 11:00:55 PM
The safest way to go if you don't use pay pal would be to use a U.S. Postal Money Order.

bird

:agreed:  and it does involve allot of trust in one another...that is a good thing!! :icon_thumright:

Send or receive paypal as a gift for payment....seeing they are somewhat anti!

schief

i have sold several items on here and ship before i receive payment. i feel that trust has to go both ways. most use mo. i don't have and won't have paypal. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

lastofthebreed

I am another who doesn't use, nor accept, paypal.  There's just something that sticks in my craw about the service - I would rather deal one on one if there is a problem.  In years of doing internet deals (to be honest, not a whole lot) I have not been burned, nor have I burned anybody.  In my experience hunters, as a group, are the most ethical, honest, conservative, God fearing and likable folks on the internet.  I don't know that I would be so cavalier if I were selling, say, music videos or something along those lines.

frank25

always i mean always get a tracking number them neither side can say it was or wasnt shipped

bowhunter84

Quote from: bird on March 20, 2011, 11:00:55 PM

bird

:agreed: :icon_thumright:

Meats

I have sold items here and accepted personal checks or money orders.
The 1 and only time I tried to buy an item I mailed the check and the guy avoided me for some time. I had to contact him on another forum.He finally told me he got my money but cant find the choke tube I paid for. He said he felt bad and was going to send me a waterfowl tube for my gun but that has never shown up.I finally just closed my bank account so the azzhat couldnt cash my check.
Some people are just slime!!!

boggszilla

Quote from: Crappiepro on March 21, 2011, 07:15:41 AM
I've traded and bought alot of items on other forums from people. I try to get as much info as possible and I don't use pay-pal. If they don't wanna give any info like phone numbers, e-mail address then I don't ship it and I always wait until the money comes. Talk to them on the phone. I want them to use a U.S. Post Office M.O. order too. I ship everything with a tracking number and ask the same when buying from other's. This way you have some proof that it arrived to address givin or shipped from them. I havent gotten burned yet( Knock on wood. LOL). Some forums have feed back on the sellers, I check that and the number of post they have. If some one is on a black list, then "No Deal" and if they dont have alot of post

then I try to get all the info I can. I think this is a good forum and the guys selling or trading here are of good word and you should be alright. Are you the Boggzilla from the Indiana Sportsman forum?  Good Luck Crappiepro

boggs1 on that forum  :icon_thumright: thanks for the input guy's.

hookedspur

Quote from: schief on March 21, 2011, 07:58:17 AM
i have sold several items on here and ship before i receive payment. i feel that trust has to go both ways. most use mo. i don't have and won't have paypal. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
:agreed: after all the buyer has to trust the seller will ship exactly what he said he would .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GOLD HUNTER

I have sold items here and accepted personal checks, money orders and pay-pal. Always get a tracking number them neither side can say it was or wasnt shipped and i allways ship with a tracking # .

it does involve allot of trust in one another and i like to sale stuff on og.  :icon_thumright:

Never say never, But i've never been burned selling stuff on here.

brian

ahfox16

I have used Paypal on Ebay, because its set up that way and your just plain stuck to send money other ways.  Far as other non-Pay Pal, I used either a MO from USPS or Walmart Moneygram.  I like the Post Office, but they seem like they are always closed for one reason or the other.  Cutbacks I guess.  Walmart however is open just about 24/7 and they seem to have this Money Gram thing worked out.  I've also accepted personnel checks and I've had more then one guy send me straight up cash (not recommended IMO).  I think there is an element of trust.  I also think if you see someone has been posting on a board for a while that you get a good feel for them.  PS.   I post much more on my local board (vaturkey.com) then I do on this one, but come here from time to time.

archery1

paypal is easy to set up.. another option is a postal money order.. you can cash it right away and don't need a week of waitin time to c if it clears from the bank. i bought an sold stuff here for over a year now and never had a problem.. just make sure if u list somethin for sale u post a pic.. its in the rules an regs.. hope this helps and good luck
Take a kid hunting

dburu2

I,m new here but have bought and sold lots on snowmobile and harley forums. Alwaysused usps cod .Put the shipping charges together with selling price =cod. I havepart in hand when I pay ,post office sends the money to them. Nevr had a problem. Does take a little longer to get your money back but it always came. :happy0064: