turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rob Roberts or Rhino gun work

Started by RiverRoost, January 24, 2015, 02:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Got a sx3 and wanting to get barrel ported,forcing come and choke work done. Any rec on who to use?

nyhunter

Rob Roberst all the way hands down. Awesome guy great customer service. 

Snoodsniper

Rob Roberts does a beautiful job.

RiverRoost

Looking for whoever does it to get the most range out of the gun. Thinking about just letting rob do the cone and porting then trying the rhino and briley chokes I already have.

K9Doc

Rob is "The Man". Customer service is # 1
If u want a long range killer, just tell him what u want.
Buy a choke from him, not satisfied?  Send it back for
Different constriction.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

01Foreman400

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

SumToy

I would not cut the cone on this gun
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Ralph-NY

Rob hands down.  Does excellent work, super guy to talk with and will swap chokes untill your happy.  Also has the quickest turn around rate I have ever seen.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Trappey on January 24, 2015, 02:30:47 PM
Got a sx3 and wanting to get barrel ported,forcing come and choke work done. Any rec on who to use?

Rob Roberts. His business has stood the test of time. He does excellent work. All first class.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

870FaceLift

Agree with the others.  Rob has done work on two of my shotguns.  Great customer service and they will not oversell you on unnecessary add-ons.
Pass it on...

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Trappey on January 24, 2015, 02:30:47 PM

How does it shoot now? I'm with Sumtoy on this one, unless it's a terrible shooter now. You can't undo forcing cones or barrel ports and it's kinda of like back surgery , nobody is going to 100% guarantee things will improve. 

RiverRoost

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Going to try my other chokes and shells first but just read how the porting and forcing cone can help. Plus it's got 24" barrel and figured the porting would help tremendously w muzzle jump

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Trappey link=topic=50010.msg498877#msg498877 date=Plus it's got 24" barrel and figured the porting would help tremendously w muzzle jump
/quote]

I think you will be disappointed in the difference it makes. I bet with a few chokes and different shells you will get the performance out of her your looking for. Just please don't chop up that gun till you try a few different chokes and shells first.

neal

Rob is awesome!!!! Just call him talk to him and get his advise, he won't sell you something you need or lead you down the wrong path. I'm dropping my barrel off to him at Nashville to get forcing cone work done. He said he'd have it back in a week. Now that's no messing around!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.