OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for a new turkey hunting gun

Started by TylerTaylor25, January 24, 2015, 02:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerTaylor25

Looking into buying a new shotgun for turkey hunting and I want to spend somewhere between 300 and 700 on a gun. So far I like the benelli supernova and stoeger p350. Any comments on these guns or recommendations?

tomstopper

I had the p350 at one time and liked it until I found my 870 (basically my go to gun and may be worth checking into if you haven't already done so IMO). It got so where the 870 is all I take so I got rid of the p350 to my nephew and he loves it. I still have a 3500 and love that gun as well if it helps you. Good luck

the Ward

Between those 2 I would go with the supernova, probably a lot more accessories, and I think they now come with a 10 year warranty. Tough and reliable as a ball peen hammer!

rusty4269

I got the supernova ar christmas. I absolutely love it! It has the smothest pump I've ever owned. It durable and looks great. If it has one flaw it'd be the trigger isn't the greatest ever but it's not that bad. I put the steadygrip stock on it and I think I could hold it on a turkey all day if need be. Great gun! You won't regret it.

Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11

Snoodsniper

I'm gonna throw it out there....Get a BPS!  Been dragging mine to the woods for 20 years. They're as tough and reliable as they come. I tweak mine a little each year because I can't leave anything alone but they're great right out of the box.  OK I'm done.

Gobble!

Almost got a supernova but decided on the max gobbler. They are nice guns.

sbarrow

I put that steadygrip on my benelli. That's a fine add on.

chatterbox

Mossy 835. You can get one for a reasonable price, top it with a 336 base, and a FFIII, put in a good choke of your choice (PG, SSX, Sumtoy, IC, etc. and you have a bonafide turkey killer! :icon_thumright:

donjuan

The benelli super novas are great and durable, but I would say their forearm rattle and weight bother some people.
For $367, I picked up an 870 camo supermag at WalMart in December and I love that thing.  Already whacked some ducks and geese and can't wait for turkey season.  I haven't had any ejection issues so long as it isn't short shucked.
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

K9Doc

Hard to beat an 870. If by want spend a little in a quality Semi- auto, look for a used Beretta 390. Awesome and gas operated. You won't need a 3.5" Mag.
With new ammo 3" is all u need.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

drum817

I had a Supernova it was a good gun...never had any issues.  I did however buy a Weatherby pa-459 last year. It's shoots 2 3/4" & 3" shells (no 3.5")  I absolutely LOVE this gun!!!  Came with a VERY nice mil spec ghost ring sight & has ber/ben choke threads.  Patterns like a champ and built GREAT!!!  Good luck!!!  They make a turkey version too with a little longer barrel....  I went with the 18.5" barrel ....after the choke is in it's more like a 20" barrel.

http://www.weatherby.com/products/shotguns/tr-shotguns/pa-459-digital-tr.html
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

bowbird87

My next one will be a win sxp or mossy 835

bbcoach

Can't beat a Remington 870 or Mossberg 835.  Both can be had for around $350 to $400, they pattern really well and they have plenty of aftermarket chokes to get the pattern you want.  Put Hevi's or Longbeards in the tube and you'll have an excellent Turkey gun.

Phire Phite

Couldn't pass on my 835 when I found it for $200 last year.  Just this Saturday I couldn't pass on my urge for a semi when I found my m3500 for $400.  Plenty out there to choose from and you'll get 49 1/2 answers.  Good luck.  I'm cheap too and try to buy used when I can as long as you know what to look for.