OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help picking a New Vest

Started by K9Doc, January 24, 2015, 12:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K9Doc

I'm looking for a new vest. I hunt hard!!!  I abuse my vest and clothes.
I crawl and sneak a lot so my new vest must be tough and light.
I need to be able carry a gobbler without it breaking too.
I'm retiring my Bob Dixon. Figured out its worth a little something.

1.  Tenzing TV14
2. Under Armour Fast Trax
3.  Beard Buster Slingshot
4.  Vest a Blind

What would you choose and Why?
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

dirt road ninja

It's not on your list - Ol Tom Dura lite.
Light weight and holds everything I need.

BowBendr

Well, it sure won't be the UA or the Tenzing. I refuse to pay that kind of money for a name brand. Looking thru all the catalogs I received this week, I'm not sure....good question.

callmakerman

Mossy Oak Super Elite III  Best vest I have ever used. Plenty of call pockets and I've carried birds in the game pouch many times for a long distance and the load is nicely distributed.

chatterbox

Mossy Oak Super Elite III. it is a little hot, but does everything I need it to do very well. Going on 5 years, and has worn like iron.

KYFrid

Snoodsniper

I bought the ol'tom I beam last year. It's alright. I think it's a upgrade from my old super elite but I'll probably try the Tactical tater next time. UA stuff is waayyy overpriced for the quality. Not sure about the others.

tomstopper

Tactical tater 2 works great for me

TN Beard Buster

I'll give a nod to the Tactical Tatr myself. Also before you buy, look into the Hands Free vest from Knight's Hunting products. Plenty of storage and some great features new to vests.

BowBendr

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on January 24, 2015, 10:53:41 AMAlso before you buy, look into the Hands Free vest from Knight's Hunting products. Plenty of storage and some great features new to vests.

Looks interesting at $139

jwright8

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on January 24, 2015, 10:53:41 AM
Also before you buy, look into the Hands Free vest from Knight's Hunting products. Plenty of storage and some great features new to vests.
I seen this vest at a local sporting goods store the other day. Looked very interesting.

TURKEYWHACKER

I'm sure liking my Tactical Tater II. Picked it up on sale at Cabela's a little while back.

K9Doc

Anyone own the Knight's products vest ? 
Seat and back rest look to be padded poorly?
Anyone own one?
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Gobble!

I'm going to get myself a tactial Tat'R. I have a Ol Tom I Beam vest if your interested.

kevin2

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on January 24, 2015, 10:53:41 AM
I'll give a nod to the Tactical Tatr myself. Also before you buy, look into the Hands Free vest from Knight's Hunting products. Plenty of storage and some great features new to vests.

Looks nice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFVLplUQF8M
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!