Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longbeards through a kicks gobbling thunder .660?

Started by nerdthan, January 23, 2015, 12:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdthan

Has any one shot any lb through the kicks .660 chokes, if so what shot size worked best for you and what kind of numbers should expect to get?

Thanks for all the help guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
go big or go home
Canadian gobble stoppers

SKFOOTER

If you're shooting a Remington I'd suggest trying the LongBeard #5's with that choke.  You can expect 150-200 pellets in the 10" circle at 40 yards once you get it dialed in.  But I'd also try the LongBeard #6's. 

Twowithone

I shoot a Winchester 1300 with a kicks 665 #6 shot and I get good patterns. Im not into pellet counts at certain distances. I want 3 in the head at 40 yds and Im walking out of the woods with a gobbler.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

eddie234

This is forty yards from my Winchester 1300 and comp n choke .655, kicks and comp n choke are made by the same co. 
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

SKFOOTER

Did you guys not notice that Nerdthan asked specifically about the Kick's .660 choke? :OGturkeyhead: 

Twowithone

Yes I saw that and I didn't see specifically where he said he had a 660 GT. choke. :firefighter:

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Twowithone on January 23, 2015, 05:01:25 PM
Yes I saw that and I didn't see specifically where he said he had a 660 GT. choke. :firefighter:
Then you need to read it again. :OGturkeyhead:

BowBendr

What there NEEDS to be is a pattern pic in the OP..........

Twowithone

It would have been better if OP said he had  this particular choke. It could be he,s thinking about buying this choke that's he,s heard of and if enough people say its gold and you,ll get 290 pellets in a 10 at 40 yds he would buy it. Quite a few tried to help you out young man go buy a box and shoot em like we did hows that SKFOOTER. :firefighter:

the Ward

Quote from: BowBendr on January 23, 2015, 05:15:17 PM
What there NEEDS to be is a pattern pic in the OP..........

Last three posts on this forum don't have pattern pics in the o.p. You can tell we are headed toward spring as this happens every year lol!     

nerdthan

Can I get a admin to move this to the lead shot thread please, I apologize for not putting it there originally.

go big or go home
Canadian gobble stoppers

Twowithone

Longshanks

Rem 870/ Kicks .660/ Win LB's 3" 5's

160's in a 10 @ 40 yds.

SKFOOTER

Thanks Longshanks!  I rest my  :OGturkeyhead:case.

nerdthan

Thanks guys!!!!

go big or go home
Canadian gobble stoppers