OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many days do you hunt each spring

Started by Bigspurs68, January 22, 2015, 11:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigspurs68

On average, how many days do you get to spend turkey hunting each spring? Days spent taking others counts too.
  For me it's usually close to 40 sunrises in a few states. Not nearly enough when it's over.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Bigspurs68

I have to add that schooling is going to steal at least 8 mornings from me. Grrrrr
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Vaturkeyhntr

I hunt just about everyday.  Being a police officer and working midnights I put my leave in months early to leave every morning at 4am.  Only days I can't is on my scheduled court dates which thankfully is only 2 days out of the whole season.  I participate in the Wounded Warrior hunts every year at Quantico Marine Corps Base and usually take my dad and friends out whenever they want to go.  I also add in a few days a year in Georgia and North Carolina.

BowBendr

I usually take 2 weeks off each spring. Adding in Saturdays gives me about 18 days of hunting

Sent....just sent.....

tomstopper

Everyday that I don't have to take my girls to school (mom works nights but changes her schedule for a month to help out. She is a great woman....) So I would guess about 30 days (hunting NY and PA).

Vaturkeyhntr: Just wanted to say thank you for what you do for the wounded warriors.... Thank You again & Semper Fi

dirt road ninja

Gamblinman

Either chasin gobblers or chasin crappie everyday from mid March to Mid May. At least 20 days if not more.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Tail Feathers

All I can but it has depended on how fast I filled my local one bird limit.   That's often opening day. I usually do one or two other states so I get 8-10 days extra that way.
Now that the grandsons are hunting it should expand my days afield.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

jblackburn

Easy answer is as many as I can or it takes to fill my tags and maybe take other people.

Last year I hunted 7 days.  I killed three and called in another for a friend.

A couple years ago I hunted over 30 days in 3 states and saw 10 or so go down.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

eddie234

Weekends, so that's about 8 to 10

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

davisd9

Should be in the woods at least 15 days, but hopefully 20 or so.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Dtrkyman

bamagtrdude

As many as I can; I don't count, but we have a 6 week season, so Sat & Sun's makes 12 hunts, in the least.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com