OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SS field grade box?

Started by bowbird87, January 21, 2015, 02:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowbird87

Which wood combo do yall like in the feild grade pot?

davisd9

Butternut/maple

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mgm1955

Kwila/butternut. I have several and they all sound awesome.

MikeStaten

I also have the butternut/maple combo and it sounds good. 

drum817

Quote from: mgm1955 on January 21, 2015, 03:23:05 PM
Kwila/butternut. I have several and they all sound awesome.

^^^this^^^
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

eddie234

davisd9

I can PM you a soundfile of the butternut/maple if you are interested.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bowbird87

Quote from: davisd9 on January 21, 2015, 08:18:30 PM

Sent from the Strut Zone

That would be great

nyhunter

Your best bet is to call and talk to Al . Tell him what sound your looking for He is a grate guy and will help     
you figure out what will sound best to you. I have 4 and ever 1 sounds awesome but different.

BRUKSHOT

I just ordered a Butternut Box with Kwila Paddle from AL the other day!!! :blob10:  Can't Wait!

skimerhorn

I have a butternut over mineral poplar and it sounds awesome! I don't think you could go wrong with any ss call!

TauntoHawk

Quote from: davisd9 on January 21, 2015, 08:18:30 PM

Sent from the Strut Zone

Can you pm me that as well, I've been planning on ordering two combos from him here shortly and that was one I was considering.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

drum817

Quote from: BRUKSHOT on January 22, 2015, 07:23:41 PM
I just ordered a Butternut Box with Kwila Paddle from AL the other day!!! :blob10:  Can't Wait!
.    Congrats!!! Let us know how you like it when you get it!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

BRUKSHOT

Quote from: drum817 on January 22, 2015, 09:43:35 PM

Sure will!  Anybody have a soundfile they can post on the Kwila/Butternut call?  I would love to hear what it sounds like, although I have a feeling it is gonna sound awesome anyway!!

SS Calls

Quote from: BRUKSHOT on January 23, 2015, 11:21:26 AM
Quote from: drum817 on January 22, 2015, 09:43:35 PM

Sure will!  Anybody have a soundfile they can post on the Kwila/Butternut call?  I would love to hear what it sounds like, although I have a feeling it is gonna sound awesome anyway!!

I'm working on some orders now in that combo. I'll try to post up a sound file on here sometime next week.  Thanks for the recommendations guys, much appreciated!!