turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1100 barrel question?

Started by Izzyjoe, January 20, 2015, 10:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzyjoe

I have an older 1100 that belonged to my uncle, and this year I'm gona give it a try in the turkey woods for sentimental reasons, it has a 30" full choke, and it doesn't pattern to well with any 2 3/4 turkey loads, beside it's like carrying a 8ft pipe though the woods. But the question is I found a 26" IC barrel in a pawnshop for $50, and I was wondering if it could be cut back and threaded for Remchokes?  I could cut it down on the lathe but I have no way of threading it, and the tooling to do it is expensive for a one time deal. This way I could use an xxfull turkey choke, and not bother the original barrel that works very well with 00buck for deer.  Long live the 1100!

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Izzyjoe on January 20, 2015, 10:16:01 PM
I have an older 1100 that belonged to my uncle, and this year I'm gona give it a try in the turkey woods for sentimental reasons, it has a 30" full choke, and it doesn't pattern to well with any 2 3/4 turkey loads, beside it's like carrying a 8ft pipe though the woods. But the question is I found a 26" IC barrel in a pawnshop for $50, and I was wondering if it could be cut back and threaded for Remchokes?  I could cut it down on the lathe but I have no way of threading it, and the tooling to do it is expensive for a one time deal. This way I could use an xxfull turkey choke, and not bother the original barrel that works very well with 00buck for deer.  Long live the 1100!

You may find that there is a real demand for that improved cylinder barrel for that 1100. I'd say you made a real find when you got it for $50.00. I'd recommend that you try and trade it for a barrel that would better fit your needs.

I'd recommend that you call John Mann @ Mann & Son Sporting Goods (Since 1945) @ 618.357.2911 and see if he has something that he'd trade you for that barrel. He's a long-time Remington dealer and authorized service for Remington as well as a full line dealer for several other manufacturers.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SumToy

The barrels can be threaded 95% of the time.  Now that is not with Rem chokes.  The barrels will take Tru-Choke NOT thin wall Tru-Choke. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Izzyjoe

Ok, thanks for the advice, I kinda want to stick with Remchoke, cause I have a few of them and didn't want to buy anymore, well for now.  I was thinking also about a factory Barrel from Remington, one with rifle sights, and Remchokes. That way I would have some adjustable sights.

SumToy

check Ebay.  may find a used one. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Izzyjoe