News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Steady Grip Worth It?

Started by JuniorPre 360, January 19, 2015, 11:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuniorPre 360

Quote from: Snoodsniper on January 19, 2015, 04:53:08 PM
I think you will like the pistol grip. As far as jerking your gun when pulling the trigger it's probably partly you and partly your trigger. I believe your stoeger is probably around 8 lbs of pull. A better pull would be around 3-4 lbs. The only way to get that would be a trigger job.
The Stoeger does have a very long and heavy trigger pull, but I can't trust any of my local gunsmiths from personal experience.

Snoodsniper

Pull the trigger group out and send it to Rob Roberts.  It'll be 100.00 well spent.

Tbrady835

Yeah man that will do it and a trigger job would help too but that can be $$$$, shoot a box of dove loads and pay attention to how the trigger breaks some of them have a little slack before they break, make sure to squeeze it out then you'll know the exact moment when the gun is about to go off and breathe out and finish the pull with the breathe out. Good luck hope this helps you

sbarrow

I have one on my SBE11. I absolutely love it. I just bought a wider case to hold it all.

Big Treble

Quote from: Snoodsniper on January 19, 2015, 09:05:20 PM
Pull the trigger group out and send it to Rob Roberts.  It'll be 100.00 well spent.

Trigger jobs are worth their weight in gold.  I've never had one done to a shotgun, but they work awesome on handguns and rifles.

Would only gain you a Advantage with fit and feel.  I did pick up a 870 with a Sure shot stock today felt good, but the comb felt a bit high for me since I use iron sights, probably be ok with a red dot or scope.

HEVI D

For the guys using pistol grip stocks on 870 sm's, what brand stocks are yall using? I shoot a bead gun and don't need a high comb stock.

Phire Phite

I like a pistol grip.  Like others have said, helps with the long time holds.  I got rid of my 870 with sure shot stock in favor of an 835.  Love my 835, no need to explain that one, but immediately regretted not having that stock.  I just bought an m3500 Saturday and will absolutely get that grip.  Hevi D, the "sure shot" stock on super mags and other Remington's are actually made by Remington.