Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General Discussion

Started by nickhrp, January 19, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

Went this morning, heard 5. Two of them set the woods on fire and I left them gobbling at 0830. Saw a strutters in a field a few miles away. May have to wear tennis shoes on him :TooFunny:
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

ericjames

I like to hunt the ones that require tennis shoes. Run a half mile before you stop to check the bird and spurs. LOL. 

misfire

Quote from: ericjames on March 10, 2015, 11:29:17 PM
I like to hunt the ones that require tennis shoes. Run a half mile before you stop to check the bird and spurs. LOL.

Exactly
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Gooserbat

I should get to go check on my birds Friday.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ericjames

I'm fixing to head out the door right now to try and locate some. It going to be rough opening weekend if it don't stop raining. We probably got 3-4" of rain since yesterday morning. We suppose to have 2-3 more inches before Friday evening.

Gooserbat

Quote from: ericjames on March 11, 2015, 06:24:57 AM
I'm fixing to head out the door right now to try and locate some. It going to be rough opening weekend if it don't stop raining. We probably got 3-4" of rain since yesterday morning. We suppose to have 2-3 more inches before Friday evening.

Better than snow
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ericjames

That's true. I just got back home. Fixing to leave out again for a little adventure. I heard 2 gobble a few times each. They had probably 8-10 hens with them. I got back to my truck and looked out across a big clear cut and saw movement. I got my binoculars and there were 17 hens  and a few jakes I called them from about 600 yards to within 35 yards of my truck. Just to take a closer look. So my day has been productive so far.

turkey buster

Not sure to hunt the magnum blends it the 20. Still gonna try the HW 7's when they get here
104 in the 10
214 total in the 20
19 at my POA

turkey buster

But 20 yards sure was rough on a target with the blends-115 on bird

Gooserbat

I bet the HW 7 will be the ticket
NWTF Booth 1623

ericjames

Well I'm fixing to head out again. Yesterday evening was a success. I watched 2 different gobblers with 11 hens.

turkey buster

Could we get a score thread and scoring instruction thread started like we had last year. We got a few new guys that need to know how to do this

ericjames

Yeah we need to because hopefully I score Saturday morning

turkey buster

Heavyweight 7's in the 20 was the ticket...154!!!

cphill

Looks good man

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2