Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General Discussion

Started by nickhrp, January 19, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericjames

Me too. #30   1.75" Spurs with a 12" beard.

turkey buster

Opening morning success!!!

ericjames

Heck yeah. Good looking bird.

turkey buster

It's quiet in here!! Must be everyone is hunting. I can't wait to be off work again. I'm missing the woods

ericjames

Trying to hunt! LOL! Got to have turkey to kill turkeys. I am hearing one every morning but I'm waiting on him to mess up and come across the land line where I can try my hand at him. I see evidence of where he has been over on my side but he won't do it when I'm there.

Illini Tom

i think we have some guys hunting and others waiting
10 more days, then its go time for me
gobbling has really picked up the last few days  :turkey2:

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

Gooserbat

No that was Doc.  NoMo gets the juvenile season in the am.  Maybe he'll swat one. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Whitney lewis

Thanks guys it was a great hunt and one of my best birds yet. We was on another great strutter this morning and just couldn't seal the deal. But there is always tomorrow. Good luck in the woods and have a happy Easter

Gooserbat

NoMo and me both got birds today. I'll post up the score when I get home later this week.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ericjames

Congrats to both of you. I need to try to hunt some more. I've had some pretty important stuff come up and it takes priority over turkey hunting. That's hard to believe I know but it's true.  I'm gonna try to go hunt in the morning hope I can seal the deal.

Footondaface

I won't to know what takes priority over turkeys lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey buster

Work has taken over priority for me  :-\

I've been 4 times all season (since March 28th) it's been my worst year for opportunities to be in the woods ever. Luckily I got one opening day but I got a tag in my pocket still that's worse than a $100 bill in it at Bass Pro!

ericjames

Quote from: Footondaface on April 07, 2015, 10:12:06 PM
I won't to know what takes priority over turkeys lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just some important things. By the way it's about time you stopped being shy and commented on something.