Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General Discussion

Started by nickhrp, January 19, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickhrp

I have yet to hear a bird behind the house seen quite a few back in fall which I was hoping to hunt there exclusively but looks like I'm gonna have to focus on other two spots
God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

After two days of fooling with theses guillotine style heads I decided to go back to the rage turkey two blades for body shots after I get my first bird with the ol 870
God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

That will work. At the rate I'm going I just hope I kill a first bird. It's bad right now, I guess I'm plagued with bad luck this year. It'll turn around in about a week and a half I think.

turkey buster

I'm sitting over here just wanting to start :drool:

ericjames

Well. I hope it goes better than what there doing here. I will have hunted all day  long Saturday and today. Sunday and Monday I went to listen at a few new places I scored. But I'll get lucky one of these days.

turkey buster

I seen a jake on Ft Polk base on my way home this evening. Was in a bow hunt only area

turkey buster

Just waiting on March 28th for season. Youth is this Saturday

nickhrp

I'm itching to post the first kill good luck guys and go get'em
God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

been seein lots of birds but havent got out early enough to hear any gobbles. turned off chilly and windy here lately but i have until april 13 to try and pattern my spots
still seeing winter flocks grouped together
had a longbeard fly across the road in front of the truck a couple days ago and he lit out in a field with a dozen other toms. only a mile from the house but on a year-round, out-of-stater deer lease with no turkey hunting allowed. grrrrrr

ericjames

Look what I found! I think I'll be hunting him in the morning.

nickhrp

Just made my turkey fan for my decoy ready to put it to use
God Bless the Outdoors

cphill

Heard my first gobbles this year and seen three long beards strutting in the holler this morning...now if they r doing it in 2 weeks

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

nickhrp

Heard my first this morning it was the only one though they quiet in my area
God Bless the Outdoors

cphill

I heard 2 different birds and they only gobbled once so they ain't hot here by no means

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

ericjames

Finally closed the deal. The hardest bird I've ever hunted.

Thanks to Gooserbats hillbilly.