North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General Discussion

Started by nickhrp, January 19, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Quote from: turkey buster on March 12, 2015, 04:14:27 PM
Heavyweight 7's in the 20 was the ticket...154!!!

Best factory 20 ga load...period!
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

turkey buster

The wad was traveling 35+ yards every shot and even a few times it bounced off the target at 40

Gooserbat

Those FC wads always do that. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

turkey buster

Only complaint about them is they leave a barrel dirtier than normal. Or so it seems, I cleaned it good and was surprised at the gunk

ericjames

I was going to freshen up on the rules for the contest an check the pics out again. I don't see a sticky anywhere on the 2015 contest thread. Anyone else seen it? Just wondering because we don't have much longer. About 30hr until we head out the door for the first hunt of the year.

ericjames

Oh and we need a score thread but we can do that after Saturday hopefully if I can seal the deal.

ericjames

Quote from: turkey buster on March 12, 2015, 04:14:27 PM
Heavyweight 7's in the 20 was the ticket...154!!!

Was this using the tightwad choke?

turkey buster

ericjames

I might need to try mine again since it warmed up. I haven't polished the barrel on mine have you?

turkey buster

No just clean it good every 2-3 shots. I could see the build up in the barrel they shot so dirty. I used a brass brush to break it free and ran patches down it until they came out clean

nickhrp

Just a little over two weeks and it's on in my area
God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

Good luck to everyone this season. Hunt safe and bust feathers. I won't be on here much unless I get board while hunting for the next month an a half

cphill

Good luck to Yall who start in the morning

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

ericjames

Thanks, we will need all the luck we can get.

ericjames

Well thought I would give a little update. I heard 7 different birds Saturday morning. Got set up on one let him know where I was as soon as I was sure he was on the ground. I went  quite in him at 740. Well he committed and came in to about 65 yards and started strutting in a big opening. I could see small parts of him every now and then. Well he stayed there strutting from 65-90 yards away. I could hear him drumming the whole time. Well I had the sudden urge to take a leak about 830 but I didn't wanna move. About 1030 I couldn't take it any longer. I turned around got on my knees as soon as I started getting some relief I heard something off to my left side. As I pinched it off and glanced around there he was at about 20 yards. I didn't wanna try to make a move for my gun it was laying kind of behind me and spook him. He started walking off never saw me. I guess you can't win them all.