turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trapping Predators

Started by Ridge, January 18, 2015, 07:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge

Yesterday was another good day to be a turkey in WV!

Model 1300

Those foxes are beautiful. Very nice coat on them. Great job no go get some coyotes. :anim_25: :funnyturkey:
"Stop flinching it's just a 3 1/2 inch Magnum" said the old man.

Turkey and I have a love hate relationship.

tomstopper

Nice work. Keep taking them out.....

Ridge

Quote from: gwa on January 18, 2015, 07:18:33 PM

What's the fox population like down there? What trap are you running?

Supposedly it is down from normal this year, but can't say for certain. We run some modified Bridger's and MB 450's.

mgm1955

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

VA_Birdhunter

Nice!!  Get all you can!!!  Love seeing those coyotes take a dirt nap!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

CT Spur Collector

flintlock

The fur looks prime!  Nice job
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

tomstopper

NICE.... Love seeing them being reduced in numbers.....

Bigspurs68

Good to hear from trappers and good to see some nice fur. Caught 3 yotes this morning and all were bad. 2 were rubbed bad and one had a festered bullet wound that I can't believe he survived. You can see the exit wound in the last pic.

Sent somehow
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

MiamiE

I hate coyotes. Foxes dont bother me much though.

born2hunt

Being born and raised in Florida I've never even messed with traps other than live traps for the common chicken catching critters. But this has really caught my attention. The thought of getting after those Yotes 24 hrs a day is interesting. I need to thin them out bad.  Could someone give me some details on a good trap to use and where to get them ? Just keep in mind I am totally ignorant on the subject.  Thanks... 
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Bigspurs68

Quote from: born2hunt on January 22, 2015, 09:25:34 PM
Being born and raised in Florida I've never even messed with traps other than live traps for the common chicken catching critters. But this has really caught my attention. The thought of getting after those Yotes 24 hrs a day is interesting. I need to thin them out bad.  Could someone give me some details on a good trap to use and where to get them ? Just keep in mind I am totally ignorant on the subject.  Thanks... 
Trapping can have quite a learning curve. That being said, a MB 550 is a outstanding coyote/ bobcat trap. No mods needed. There are many ways to anchor traps but a earth anchor with a bottom made for sandy soil would be great for you I think. As with turkey hunting, there are forums, books, videos and you tube. Use them all and sort thru the bs. Check out wolfer nation. There's way too much info to throw at you at once but a couple good supply books to get are F&T Post and Minnesota Trapline Products. Look at Trapperman and Sullivan's Line forums.
  Hope you get into it. It's work, but addicting. Iv trapped now for 38 years, don't see myself quitting soon.

Bigspurs68

Wolfer Nation. I meant to say....