turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Honey Locust Burl Pot....

Started by mastevt, January 18, 2015, 06:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastevt

Well, I finally finished up the first call out of this Honey Locust Burl that's been drying for,.....like ever!  LOL.  Anyways, the call is stabilized, and has a matching soundboard, and glass surface.  This is my first stabilized wood soundboard, and I'm really pleased.  This thing flat out sings!  The striker handle is from the same burl, with a Diamondwood peg.  Now that this test pot is a success, I can start on some orders of it that have been waiting over a year for them.

outdoors

NICE LOOKING CALL , TURNED REAL NICE  :icon_thumright:

DID YOU MAKE A SOUND CLIP . . . .
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mastevt

Quote from: outdoors on January 18, 2015, 06:16:15 PM
NICE LOOKING CALL , TURNED REAL NICE  :icon_thumright:

DID YOU MAKE A SOUND CLIP . . . .

Thank you!  No, not yet.  I'LL  have to do a video link to my fb page, but need my sons help.  I'm not very puter savy like he is.  He just left for work, so I'll have to do it in the moning.   Stay tuned!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

sbbow

Scott that looks outstanding. That soundboard says it all. Nice job as always!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Augusta

That's one of the best looking calls and striker set that I've seen in a long time.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

mastevt

Quote from: West Augusta on January 18, 2015, 07:59:37 PM
That's one of the best looking calls and striker set that I've seen in a long time.

Thank you West Augusta, and you too Steve.  Appreciate the kind words.  The sound quality was my biggest concern on this call since I have never made a wood soundboard before, let alone a stabilized one.  It was a pleasant surprise when I took it to the turnathon this weekend and played it for the first time in front of several big call makers, and they all played and liked it.

SCGobbler

Very nice!

Sent from The Gobbler's Roost using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Gooserbat

Very Beautiful Call. If it sounds half as good as it looks it's a winner.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mgm1955

Wow Scott!! That's a real beauty. The soundboard looks super.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

SS Calls

VA_Birdhunter

Very Nice!!!!! I love the look of a burl wood pot!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

mastevt

Thank you guys!  Appreciate it!

Bigfoot

Are you going to take any orders on the call?  That is a beauty....