OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Great Day with my Daughter

Started by BOFF, January 17, 2015, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well my daughter has been sick ,and both of us stuck in the house for a while,as she got better. She started feeling better yesterday morning, so we went out this afternoon.

Finally got a south wind to hunt this stand, and after dropping some friends off at another one, she and I went and got settled in around 2:30.

Deer were already in the field, and we eased into he field for about 10 minutes with them watching us. Finally they eased out, and we hurried to the shooting house.

15 minutes later 2 of the younger deer can back in, and we watched deer enter, and leave for a good little bit. Broken horn 6 entered the field, and after a while went to field edge, and entered the woods, a few minutes later a big doe popped out, and he was following.

Faith shot the big doe quartering away, and the doe bolted, ran to end of field, and curled around field edge stumbling and hitting trees, then tumbled over. (watching through binoculars). Bullet came out perfect in the opposite shoulder, but we had no blood. Just goes to show, killing hits, don't always bleed.

Younger buck with stickers at left brow tine. Never have seen  this buck. Hope he sticks around and makes it another year or two.

He first came in from behind us, downwind, and then walked into the field.

Overall pic of field

Great to share the woods with my daughter, and even better to be Blessed with seeing stuff from start to finish.

God Bless,
David B.

VA_Birdhunter

David that is awesome buddy!  Nothing like being in the woods hunting with your family! God is good....all the time!!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

mgm1955

Great story, great pics, better memories. Congrats to both of you!!

Bigspurs68

Sounds like a great day! Happy kids make it even better.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

tomstopper

Congrats to both of you on a great experience........

flintlock

Awesome man!  Good stuff for sure.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

chatterbox

David,

She is growing into such a beautiful young lady! You have done an amazing job as a father.
I can't imagine a more peaceful and beautiful spot to share with a child!
Congrats to her on taking such a fine animal!

dirt road ninja

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like a great hunt, and even better because you got to share it with your daughter. Beautiful place y'all have there!

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

drum817

Great pics and a great story!!!  I WISH my daughter would get in to hunting!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

M,Yingling

Great story ,,Congrats That buck should be a good one next season
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

albrubacker

Thats what its all about! Congrats!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott