turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fiber Optic sights......front bead only or front AND rear

Started by GomerPyle, January 15, 2015, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GomerPyle

I'm fixing up my old Winchester 1300 to use as a turkey gun.  right now it's got the vent rib barrel with just a single metal bead.  I want to put some fiberoptic sights on it.

what do you all prefer?  just a single fiberoptic bead or the a set with a rear double-bead?
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

NoMo

Gooserbat Game Calls Advisory Staff
Dad better listen cause he's old and can't hear turkeys gobble.

Gooserbat

I use a set of pro series gobble dots from tru glo.  I want a precise aiming point because I intend to shoot a shotgun like a rifle. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

drum817

Williams Fire Sights...front and rear!!!  Used Tru-Glo in the past and personally I like the Williams MUCH better.....also, I really like the way they mount on the rib!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

GomerPyle

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 15, 2015, 01:50:53 PM
I use a set of pro series gobble dots from tru glo.  I want a precise aiming point because I intend to shoot a shotgun like a rifle.

I'm kinda leaning toward that one......From what reviews I've read, the only Con (and for a lot of people, it's actually a Pro) is how small the front sight is.  the ones that dislike it say it's hard to see.  the ones that like it say it's more precise and doesn't obscure the target.

Any chance you could take a picture looking down the barrel to show what kind of sight picture it has?

GomerPyle

Quote from: drum817 on January 15, 2015, 01:52:54 PM
Williams Fire Sights.....also, I really like the way they mount on the rib!

and how is that?

Model 1300

Front and rear. I have a Winchester 1300 NWTF turkey special and it has the front and rear. The rear helps make it easier to line up a shot.
"Stop flinching it's just a 3 1/2 inch Magnum" said the old man.

Turkey and I have a love hate relationship.

eddie234

I have a set of the tru glo, they are well made and work great.

USMC0331

I like the double, if you do buy the double, try and use the green front beed as it's easier to ensure your on the turkeys head properly.

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Gooserbat

Pro Series Mag Gobble or Fire Sights either one and you won't go wrong.  Like I said i use the Tru Glo but I have a friend that uses the Williams.  Both are top shelf. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dirt road ninja

I have 4 sets of the tru-glo's and have been happy. That being said, I plan on buying the Williams sight next.

Cove

Go with the Williams Fire Sights Universal Slugger. Same principle as the Tru Glo but made much better. The Tru Glo will eventually have screws strip out and that causes problems. Take it from someone who knows all too well. . . My 12ga killer has the tru glos only bc the screws have lock tight on them. My other guns have Williams Fire sights. . . .

Devastator

I have the "Universal slugger sights" from Williams on 2 guns and love them,also have the Tru Glo Pro series on my nephews benelli nova that are solid.If i had to pick it would be the Williams!

GomerPyle

It looks like the truglos just use screws to clamp down against the rib. Since y'all say you like the want the Williams attach better, how exactly do they go on that's better?