Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New turkey killer the new Browning A5 in bottomland.

Started by Bustabeak, January 14, 2015, 08:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

Quote from: GSEAGLES1 on January 15, 2015, 03:24:51 PM
Got the same exact one except in the 26". I'm running a .675 in mine right now and still doing some experimenting. Hevi Mag Blend is my #1 choice for now until I try a few more combinations. Just be careful with the operating handle if you're duck hunting..comes out pretty easy. Mine fell off duck hunting and sunk into the bottoms of Davy Jones' Locker. :o

That's the only thing I have wondered about. I had a super Vinci  and I liked the way it locked the handle in.

turkeyhunter91

Quote from: SCGobbler on January 15, 2015, 09:32:23 AM
How long is the barrel on that A5?  I am a sucker for that drop receiver.  I have loved that look a very long time.  My Dad has an old fixed choke Remington 20 gauge that has the dropped receiver on it as well.  Something about the patent lapsed and then Browning picked it back up.  not real sure of the history.  I bet someone knows.

I maybe completely wrong here but I believe you are talking about the remington model 11. I believe they are made on a browning patten because at the time browning was making guns for the army during the war.

That is a great looking a5, we have a Belgian browning a5 and it is a great shooter and has takin several turkey.Good luck with your new gun.

GSEAGLES1

Anyone know they type of mount to use to put a Burris Fast Fire 3 on the A5?

VA_Birdhunter

Very nice!  I love the older A5's and have owned a bunch over the yrs and currently have a light 12 and 20 ga that are my primary grouse hunting guns!  I couldn't even start to count the grouse my dad and I have take with the 12 ga...it was his and he passed it down as I will to my son.

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

kcrowder

I have one and the only thing I have heard is that the 3.5" models will jam some with light loads. I have a 3" and not one problem yet. I shoot a Rhino .670 out of mine.  It's not only a turkey killer, it's a duck killer too!!  Dont overoil it!   It likes to run dry. Get some teflon based dry lube and you wont have any problems.

mgm1955

cmd242

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Don't understand why browning insists on those hideous silver bolts on the all camouflage maxus and new a5s.

mudhen

Silver bolt doesn't stand out much when you see it in person, pic makes it glow a bit...

I have ordered the Indian Creek in .670 for my new A5 in MOBL...also ordered the Hevi-Shot choke, which is .665...

Will find out soon what it likes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

ALScott

Bustabeak I have a new A5 too.  Have you had a chance to test any chokes and with what ammo?  I got the 3" is your's the 3.5"

Bustabeak

Quote from: ALScott on February 23, 2015, 09:09:10 PM
Bustabeak I have a new A5 too.  Have you had a chance to test any chokes and with what ammo?  I got the 3" is your's the 3.5"

I haven't yet, I just ordered a Indian creek choke. I'm waiting on it it get here. I'll let you know as soon as I do. I did get the 3.5 version. I've shot a lot of skeet with it so far and I love it!

ericjames

rempumpman

Will be getting mine out of Lay-a-way next Friday! man alive, seeing this post only makes me wish that Next Friday was tomorrow! GREAT looking gun and I know that you and me will be happy with our choice! mine will be used in the next few years for everything; I plan to run many cases of shells through mine in the next few years!
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

zeke632

My son has one he bought in  Oct. Very light, swings good and is poison on ducks, until it quit working properly.

He hates it. It will not cycle shells.  Yes its clean & yes he made sure the origional packing lube was cleaned. And he didn't over lubricate it.  Currently its back with Browning getting fixed.
$1500 is a lot to spend on a single shot was what I told him one morning when we were getting mallards to work like they are supposed to. Livid is a light way to describe him that day.  We all got a good laugh that day. At one point I honestly thought he was going to wrap it around a big tree.

I'm sure his gun is the exception.  He will get over it when it gets fixed.