OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New turkey killer the new Browning A5 in bottomland.

Started by Bustabeak, January 14, 2015, 08:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

Got this about a week ago. So far I love it. Hopefully I can get a couple chokes within the next couple weeks and test some patterns. Anyone heard anything bad about these guns?

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SumToy

675 works good in them bad boys.  I got one and it is the buckshot shooting beast. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

rusty4269

Jeremiah 29:11

Tailwalk

budtripp

I've shouldered a few A5's and they really feel great when you put them on the shoulder.  These were shadow grass camo and they looked like awesome waterfowl guns. Never seen one in bottomland but I like it a lot.  Never heard anything bad about them.

davisd9

Got you a killer buddy!  Cannot wait to see a photo of it with you and ole Tom!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

USMC0331

I'm not a Browning person, however I have not heard anything negative about them. That is a nice looking soon to be killing machine.

SCGobbler

How long is the barrel on that A5?  I am a sucker for that drop receiver.  I have loved that look a very long time.  My Dad has an old fixed choke Remington 20 gauge that has the dropped receiver on it as well.  Something about the patent lapsed and then Browning picked it back up.  not real sure of the history.  I bet someone knows.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

hunter22

Great looking gun. I hunted for years with a Belgium A-5 3-inch magnum with a 32-inch barrel and full choke. I never knew you were suppose to pattern your gun. I just loaded her up with #5 lead loads and killed gobblers.

Bustabeak

Quote from: SCGobbler on January 15, 2015, 09:32:23 AM
How long is the barrel on that A5?  I am a sucker for that drop receiver.  I have loved that look a very long time.  My Dad has an old fixed choke Remington 20 gauge that has the dropped receiver on it as well.  Something about the patent lapsed and then Browning picked it back up.  not real sure of the history.  I bet someone knows.

It's a 28" barrel on this one.

Thanks everyone. I hope it does its job this year. The chokes are pretty expensive. I have found that out.

Old Timer53

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

GSEAGLES1

Got the same exact one except in the 26". I'm running a .675 in mine right now and still doing some experimenting. Hevi Mag Blend is my #1 choice for now until I try a few more combinations. Just be careful with the operating handle if you're duck hunting..comes out pretty easy. Mine fell off duck hunting and sunk into the bottoms of Davy Jones' Locker. :o

dirt road ninja