turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Good turkey boots?

Started by Model 1300, January 14, 2015, 05:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oSu Cowboy

I got a pair of Irish Setter Vaprtrek snake boots. They are great, comfortable and waterproof. I have walked a lot of miles and no issues with them.

jblackburn

Quote from: GomerPyle on January 15, 2015, 10:33:35 AM
I wish someone would come out with a rubber pull-on that was snake proof.  I know Muck used to have the Woody Armour that was listed as being "puncture resistant" but I was never able to find anywhere that they actually claimed it to be snake proof. 

If anyone knows of a true snake boot made like a rubber pull-on, I'm all ears.

I've got the original woody armour boots and they were advertised as snake boots.  so are the new ones.

http://www.muckboots.com/woody-sport-armor-cool-mossy-oak-obsession
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

ccleroy

Lacrosse Alpha Mudlight Snakeboot......best cross between the Grange and Snakeproof.......they are light and very durable. Biggest thing people don't think about is how tall their boots are going to be, just about everyone else makes their boots 16" and that just doesn't cut it turkey hunting. Crossing ditches, wading through water ect.......that why I stick with Lacrosse they are 18".

Snoodsniper

Another vote for lacrosse. The burly and the grange are both excellent. I've been wearing them for about 25 years. I rabbit hunt A LOT in thorns and briars I also kick a lot of brush and I always wear the burlys. They hold up better than any rubber boot I've seen. For some reason the plain green hold up better than the camo.

n2deer

I got the lacrosse snake boots mentioned two years ago and from the get go they have made my heels bleed. I cant wear them very long because of this. The problem was the liner on the inside came off and its just exposed rubber that rubs my feet.

They are very tough and really no telling how long they would last, but doesn't do me any good if my feet are to sore to use them. I wish I had a solution because I really would like to make them work.

dirt road ninja

Quote from: n2deer on January 16, 2015, 01:35:50 PM
I got the lacrosse snake boots mentioned two years ago and from the get go they have made my heels bleed. I cant wear them very long because of this. The problem was the liner on the inside came off and its just exposed rubber that rubs my feet.

They are very tough and really no telling how long they would last, but doesn't do me any good if my feet are to sore to use them. I wish I had a solution because I really would like to make them work.

That sucks!!! I shopped and tried on boots for 2 years looking for a pair of snake boots that I would actually wear. The same thing happened to me on a couple pair of less expensive snake boots. Bought those Chippewa's and finally found a snake boot I'll wear and not hate wearing. The long term durability has yet to be seen, but I do baby them more than I do my Lagrange's. 

REBELYELL

Muck, Lacrosse and Under Armour all offer bottomland boots now, fierce market I guess.

silvestris

Grange, for years.  When the weather is warm, I take them off at my sit and let them air dry.  When ready to move, I put on my extra pair of socks and am good to go.  Just wish I had some camo or green cotton socks.  Too old to worry about snakes.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

tomstopper

mudhen

HAWs working well for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

cutt down

Quote from: jblackburn on January 15, 2015, 11:22:54 PM
Quote from: GomerPyle on January 15, 2015, 10:33:35 AM
I wish someone would come out with a rubber pull-on that was snake proof.  I know Muck used to have the Woody Armour that was listed as being "puncture resistant" but I was never able to find anywhere that they actually claimed it to be snake proof. 

If anyone knows of a true snake boot made like a rubber pull-on, I'm all ears.

I've got the original woody armour boots and they were advertised as snake boots.  so are the new ones.

http://www.muckboots.com/woody-sport-armor-cool-mossy-oak-obsession

I can personally attest that the Muck woody armour boots are snake proof. I've turkey hunted for 28yrs & never been struck but last year I felt a "thump" on my leg & looked down to see a copperhead coiled up. I realize a copperhead doesn't hit with the same force as a rattler but I felt it anyway. Glad I had my Muck's on!

omegafoo

Lacrosse alpha burley or Irish setter rut masters that I deer hunt with, if I'm chasing true swamp birds in coastal Florida.

For my lease it's going to be an old pair of tennis shoes spray painted green/brown/black. Best dang turkey hunting shoe ever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

triplebeard

I just got a pair of the Lacrosse Adder snake boots to try this year.  I wore them a bit on warm days during deer season & I love em so far.

RutnNStrutn

I've tried Chippewas, Rockys and Danners. All leaked. Now I buy a set of Redhead snake boots from Bass Pro. I get them on sale for around $80. Light, comfortable, waterproof. Good boots!

SKFOOTER

If you happen to wear a size 10.5 or 11.5, Midway USA has the Irish Setter Vaprtrek Snake Boots on sale for $148.  I bought a pair last month and love them.