turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How much orange?

Started by Model 1300, January 11, 2015, 03:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Model 1300

I have a under armor hat that I use for bowhunting but it has a orange under armor logo on the front. I just want to know if I can use that with that much orange on it or if I should get a new one without any orange. And what do you all prefer Mossy Oak or Realtree?
"Stop flinching it's just a 3 1/2 inch Magnum" said the old man.

Turkey and I have a love hate relationship.

cphill

I have wore hats like that and never had a problem with birds seeing it now i ain't saying they cant....I like mossy oak

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

dfresh55

the camo you wear is your preference i prefer mossy oak :) lol as far as the orange i have the same hat your talking about and have never had an issue getting busted with it on don't think you would have a problem if you stay still!

dirt road ninja

When in doubt swap it out.

Gamblinman

Take a sharpie pen and blacken it out.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

mikejd

I have been picked off by a logo on a hat before. I saw the bird look directly at it and take off. It was a hen and she was probably 20 yds away. I will never chance it again.

mgm1955

I don't think the orange is a problem. Lots of turkeys were killed before there was camo. Which pattern you wear is just a matter of choice.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 11, 2015, 03:42:03 PM
When in doubt swap it out.

My thoughts exactly!!  Walmart sells them cheap!!  This is where I get most of my turkey hunting hats since the mountains typically make me sweat like a pig when I'm having to climb up and down them....so I don't mind to destroy the hat in one season then get another before next season.  Just an idea!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

paboxcall

I wouldn't sweat it, but if it bothers you....pull your face mask up and turn that hat around backwards when you set up on a bird.   :icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

CT Spur Collector

You're good, I'd be concerned if it's reflective or shinny.  I get guff every year for wearing my big green rubber boots with the bright yellow stripe around the top.... you know which ones.   

Got a lot of photos of dead toms.....I got my rubber boots on!  I always figure....they're dead before they see that yellow stripe.

Good luck, be safe and have fun.

Snoodsniper

Mossy oak and the orange lettering would probably disappear if it were me.

willy8457

I have had turkeys walk right up to me with all orange sweatshirt on, it,s not the Orange its  movement. My cousin wears a lot more orange then I do and kills turkeys every year.

SinGin

Yes, the movement will get you busted quicker than anything. I've had them roost in the same tree I'm deer hunting out of covered in orange.

JK Spurs

Quote from: CT Spur Collector on January 12, 2015, 07:17:12 PM
You're good, I'd be concerned if it's reflective or shinny.  I get guff every year for wearing my big green rubber boots with the bright yellow stripe around the top.... you know which ones.   

Hey CT, I think those yellow stripes cost me a few birds.... :lol:
I like my turkey well peppered

GomerPyle

Quote from: Gamblinman on January 11, 2015, 03:59:48 PM
Take a sharpie pen and blacken it out.

Gman

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I did  the same with a browning backpack my inlaws gave me for Christmas a few yrs ago.  was camo with yellow trim and logos (I think "piping" is the word for it).  I seriously doubt it was enough to spook anything but it just didn't "fit".  I took a sharpie to it, intending to black it out.  The sharpie ink mixed with the yellow actually made anything that was yellow turn dark green.  And it looks awesome now - should've been that color from the factory.
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"