turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Well I finally done it

Started by Roughneck, January 10, 2015, 03:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roughneck

back in November I had the opportunity to go to Jeff Mckameys and Frank Kruers shops and build my first ever box calls it was a very awesome experience to learn from them and see just what all goes into building a call and the time it takes to take a piece of wood an turn it into a finely tuned turkey call . Now I'm far from where I want to be but I am excited about the future and to see what all I can turn out of my shop. The first pic is a bloodwood/black limba short box and blood wood /butternut long box. Second pic is walnut/mineral poplar short and Ipe/butternut  long box. 

silverspur

Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

dirt road ninja

From here they look great. Fine work

hunter22

Neal---Congrats on becoming a callmaker. I am really impressed with how neat your checkering turned out on your first try. What kind of knife or tool were you using?? Are you entering these at Nashville?

Roughneck

Thanks for the comments fellas. I'm far from a callmaker as of yet but it's a work in progress an one day I will enter Nashville but as for  now I will wait an untill I have perfected my craft to the best of my ability and good lord willing will build a worthy enough call to enter in Nashville some day. Ricky that checkering was done with a mill drill an if you look close at it it's not perfect but it was my attempt but I'm very satisfied for it being my first time. Weather checkering that way or by hand it does not matter mistakes can an will be made. If you look close mine aren't perfect either. I put long hours in on those calls considering the short amount of time I had there. I be leave in the 3 1/2 days I had maybe 8 hours sleep if that. The rest was all shop time.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

VA_Birdhunter

Very nice looking calls!!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

mastevt

I'd say your well on your way!  Very nicely done!

trb136

Good looking calls Neal nothing like killing a bird with your own call.  Congrats on the addiction!!

West Augusta

You made some beautiful calls Neal.  Congrats.  Hope you get a few longbeards with them next spring. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

mgm1955

Quote from: West Augusta on January 10, 2015, 09:50:08 PM
You made some beautiful calls Neal.  Congrats.  Hope you get a few longbeards with them next spring. 
x2. Great calls!! I especially like the bloodwood. It makes a killer box. Good luck this spring!!

J Lacey

You know I'm a fan Neal. Your on your way.  Gobblers don't know nor do they care what tools we use as we build our calls. Fine job
2020 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2020 GNCC Amateur National Champion
2022 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2022 GNCC Don Chancey award winner

Roughneck

Thanks for all the nice comments fellas.

nx95240

very nice neal / hell if you used a CNC ..manmill .. pocket knife. it doesnot matter to me . some people are going to hate on you but a true call maker will like your work.. bring the calls to Nashville I  would like to see them

jg

You sir are well on your way! Those look fantastic
Ozark beard busters