turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

starting to get the fever

Started by reflexl, January 08, 2015, 10:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Deer season is over and the birds are calling me...........

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

CT Spur Collector

I wasn't till I jumped back on here...am now!!

ShortSpurs

YUP!

Looking at some new camo, waiting for the GS to get in the LB loads, callin' outfitters in Wyoming, NE, TX, OK and other places.

Can't get ready too soon, ya know.

Big Timber

March 14th. can't get here fast enough!!!   :jackson: :jackson: :jackson:

tomstopper

kevin2

As soon as deer season ended last week, I headed straight to the Old Gobbler forums! Seeing a flock of 50 or so the last day out of deer season fueled the fire, I'm sure!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Old Timer53

I'm headed to west central Ms for opening day.         March 14

VA_Birdhunter

I keep the fever all year long and it becomes uncontrollable around the middle of November!  I've already watched every turkey hunting dvd I can get my hands on...some multiple times.   I have already bought a few calls with more on the way.....I love this addiction!  Lord I long for
Spring!!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Tail Feathers

I have it too.
Already patterned one gun this week.  Can't wait to shoot the others to make sure all is well.

I need to re-read The Tenth Legion and practice my calling too.  March will be here fast. :jackson:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

dfresh55

Im going crazy already started buying more calls, practicing looking to get a new sbe2  lol the fire has been lit boys!

dirt road ninja

Turkey fryin

April 11! Hunting small game (late dove,squirrel,and rabbit) till then just to keep in the woods and scout the birds moving. 

flintlock

I am ready for a fish fry and gobbling turkeys!!!
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

jakesdad

I usually hit a turkey "lull" for about 2-3 days in November during deer firearms season.After that even if i'm deer hunting my mind is on birds.Sometimes its sooner if birds are around or worse yet they are gobbling in the morning while i'm perched in a stand.

I've never understood how the actions of a pea sized brain bird that might live 4-5 years MAX can turn a otherwise intelligent creature into something resembling little kids on Christmas eve!!!  Now that I think about it, i'm pretty sure I dont wanna know :z-guntootsmiley:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"