OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Team of Noobs for the Contest

Started by JuniorPre 360, January 06, 2015, 03:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuniorPre 360

I'm hoping to put a team together for this coming season's competition. I have never bagged a turkey and this will be my second year going after them. This site has been a great help and I have received a lot of tips and support to bag a big tom. Now, it's time for us noobs to put the experts to shame and bag bigger turkeys.

If you have never killed a turkey, PM me if you'd like to join the team that will wipe the boards this year. The requirement is that you are a beginner turkey hunter and are still getting used to this great sport.

If you are worried about experience, your captain here is one of the most inexperienced turkey hunters there is. I missed my turkey last year because I decided to call my wife on my cell phone. This tom came right into my inflatable charokee decoy.  ;D I'll stop there.

I'm hoping to get the ball rolling soon. If I get at least 5 members, we'll give it a go. All you noob lurkers of the board, hurry and register an account on the site, message me, and we'll make it happen.

GomerPyle

[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

mason3toes

JuniorPre 360

Great to see we may get a team together. Below is a link to everything you need to know about the contest. I'll regularly keep in touch with everyone for updates.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/board,212.0.html

Schemy

Schemy

GobbleNut

Great idea guys.  Here's wishing all of you the best of luck this coming season. ....Hope you win it all!

JuniorPre 360

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 07, 2015, 01:42:21 PM
Great idea guys.  Here's wishing all of you the best of luck this coming season. ....Hope you win it all!
Thanks! Looks like we're really getting a team together.

JuniorPre 360

Looking great! I'll go ahead and register the team later tonight when I have more time. I've talked to a few and they're in. To anyone that's still looking to join, this will be a great opportunity to chat with everyone that is just starting out. It should be a great experience for us all. I just ask that when I register you for this contest and to be a part of the team, you remain an active member of the site. We're all new so no worries. We don't judge.

JuniorPre 360

n2deer

Good luck, one of the hardest thing for any team is getting everyone together on the rules/pics.

Wish you guys well.

Bigeclipse

Come on guys! This will be fun and a great learning experience for all us noobs!

bamagtrdude

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 07, 2015, 01:42:21 PM

Hear, hear!!  Hope you guys win!  BTW, I suggested a team name to GomerPyle -- "Team Struttin' Jakes"...  I also thought of something funny, too (but dated) -- "Team Chicken Hawks"...  hehehe...  In any event, GOOD LUCK to you guys!!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

BC

Team Struttin' Jakes is an awesome name considering the theme of the team.

bamagtrdude

Quote from: BC on January 09, 2015, 01:23:24 PM
Team Struttin' Jakes is an awesome name considering the theme of the team.

Yep!  :)
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)