News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Update on 95' green leaf 870.

Started by SpitNDrumN, January 05, 2015, 07:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpitNDrumN

Update

I've carried and spring gobbler hunted with only a NWTF laminated Rob Keck Win 1300 my whole life. I have faith in it and I just don't feel right carrying any other shotgun. Its like a extension of my own body to put it into words I guess. I've bought a couple different brand 12 ga's and sold them after carrying in the woods a couple times. But I've always wanted one of the old green lead 870's. I got lucky and found one in out of the box condition.

I heard so much good feedback on 870's and jellyhead .660's going together like PB&J I went with the JellyHead. I'm simply not a fan of scope turkey guns. Always used a single bead until last year. I wanted to fine tune my POI with POA but still have no fail, open sight, swing fast and pull trigger at same time capabilities so the next best thing for me was Tru Glo pro series mag gobble dot rifle sights. Now I have them on all my shotguns. (1300, 870 12, 870 20) So I installed those.

My next day off I'm going to center up the sights at close range with dove shot then pattern test with Long beard 6's and Mag Blends. I'll have pics up soon.

My other two shotguns 1300 and 870 20. The Wichester has covered many miles with me.

Ridge Rooster

Awsome gun! I have been toting a Green Leaf 11-87 for years that I bought brand new back in my college days.

Let us know how she patterns!

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

yelpaholic

why you put that awful sticker on it....... :TrainWreck1:

drum817

Man.....I love that old school green leaf 870!!!!  BADA$$!!!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

SpitNDrumN

Quote from: yelpaholic on January 05, 2015, 09:13:01 PM
why you put that awful sticker on it....... :TrainWreck1:

Proud field staff of Warbird Turkey Calls. I'm left handed the sticker is facing in towards my body. Never be seen.