OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning A5 problem

Started by zeke632, January 05, 2015, 03:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeke632

My youngest son bought a new A5 in Oct.  He has kept it clean and is starting to have problems with it not cycling or being really slow to cycle.
Any suggestions or an idea what might be wrong?

To say he is disapointed is an understatment!

allaboutshooting

Quote from: zeke632 on January 05, 2015, 03:01:52 PM
My youngest son bought a new A5 in Oct.  He has kept it clean and is starting to have problems with it not cycling or being really slow to cycle.
Any suggestions or an idea what might be wrong?

To say he is disapointed is an understatment!

I understand the disappointment. I'd recommend that you disassemble it completely and use solvent to remove any excess oil or grease you may find. Those guns can be pretty oil heavy from the factory. Just a bit of shooting, especially in cool or cold weather, with a bit of gunk from shells and they can really slow down or even stop working. It takes very little oil in very few places to lubricate them.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

turkey buster

What Clark said! My buddy and a co-worker had the same problems with theirs (duck hunters) and they both solved the problem by cleaning what they called that thick packing grease out of its innards that came from the factory

hunter62

I have the first A500 G been hunting with for years its been a great gun andstill is replace the o ring

SumToy

Pull it apart.  Browning is bad about putting a lot of cosmoline on guns.  Take WD40 to remove it.  Then put a thin oil back on the gun. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

zeke632

Thanks guys!   He will appreciate the sugesstions.

zeke632

Update on the A5
My son is sending it back to Browning tomorrow.  He took it down, twice, as advised here and its still acting up. He finished duck season with his old 11-87.

Some little somethimg is out of whack.  I'll bet they get it going.