turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2015 Spring Contest

Started by gwa, January 04, 2015, 09:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

I just read the contest rules and see that only one beard will be scored per gobbler. So much for only shooting multi-bearded birds this spring. Looks like them fattened up corn fed birds will be the ticket this year.

Bigeclipse

How do I join a team?  I will admit this will only be my 2nd year hunting gobblers and have not tagged one yet.  I would say that technically last year was my true first year because the year before that I only hunted the fall turkey season and had ZERO idea what I was doing during that season.  Last year I actually called in 3 long beards through-out the spring season.  1 time I was busted and the other 2 times they hung up around 50 yards away which was too far to shoot.  I am a serious/avid deer hunter and I am slowly turning towards what we call the "dark side" of turkey hunting.  I have to say it is a freakin blast!  Definitely more exciting calling them buggers in.  Here in new York it is very hard to call deer in...more often you are patterning them as opposed to trying to call them in. I can see myself loving turkey hunting more than deer hunting...especially after I finally tag a long beard!

n2deer

Whats this contest all about? Sounds like fun.

Crawdad

Sign me up boy's, I'm all in.

hunter22

Glad to have Robert. Another one of those EXPERIENCED killers.

Denny--- You headed up the last winning team I was on so my vote is for you to lead us again. This site requires a lot more pictures and documentation but we can walk everyone through it. It makes it a little more difficult whenever you hunt by yourself though.

nebo

denny id like to try  this out, if theres room count me in.  gary

drenalinld

Yoder409

Quote from: hunter22 on January 07, 2015, 06:15:13 PM

Denny--- You headed up the last winning team I was on so my vote is for you to lead us again.

Aye, aye Cap'n !!!     
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

spurman

All the old WidowMakers need to send me a PM.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

BC

Quote from: n2deer on January 07, 2015, 05:47:40 PM

Man it is a ton of fun.

Until you win it a couple years in a row.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 04, 2015, 10:21:39 AM
Does getting all of you guys on the same team mean that jakes are going to be worth more than gobblers this year?
(...Might as well get the smack talk started, too)   ;D
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Guns N' Hoses will be back this spring!!! :icon_thumright:

willy8457

Anybody from the eastern assassins gonna play this year  ?

crenshawco

Quote from: BC on January 08, 2015, 08:11:21 AM
Quote from: n2deer on January 07, 2015, 05:47:40 PM

Man it is a ton of fun.

Until you win it a couple years in a row.

:TooFunny:

callmakerman

Did I hear scratch box only kills? :turkey2:

Yoder409

Quote from: callmakerman on January 10, 2015, 12:07:36 PM
Did I hear scratch box only kills? :turkey2:

If you did............. uh oh.  I'm in trouble.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.