OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1300 Conversion

Started by Spring Creek Calls, January 02, 2015, 09:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Creek Calls

Been thinking about a different look for the Winchester and I finally did it. Pulled the synthetic stock and forend and replaced them with good old wood. 22" barrel, .660 IC choke, Tru Glo sights and a couple of barrel stickers. I hunt everything with this gun and it's 3 barrels, rifled (deer),  22" (turkey,grouse) and 26" (waterfowl, pheasant, predator).
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

paboxcall

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

The 1300 is a classic, love mine.  Nice job on that one!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

allaboutshooting

It looks like you have the look you were after. Congratulations.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mikejd

I love it. When I saw the post my first thought was Noooooooo. What can you possibly do to my favorite 1300. but this is a classic look. I like it. Reminds me of the green laminated NWTF version that I love so much.

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: mikejd on January 02, 2015, 11:01:15 PM
I love it. When I saw the post my first thought was Noooooooo. What can you possibly do to my favorite 1300. but this is a classic look. I like it. Reminds me of the green laminated NWTF version that I love so much.

After looking for the green laminated stock and forend for a couple years, I gave up and went with dark stained birch. The toughest part was finding a ribbed forend that fits a 6-1/4" slide tube.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

SpitNDrumN

I lovey 1300! I don't feel right when I'm in the spring woods with out it! My dad gave it to say before I was big enough to shoot a 12 ga. We both have one of the laminated Rob Keck engraved NWTF guns.

Just share some info with you since we're talking about 1300's mine loved a non ported undertaker with flite control 6's. But now I'm shooting the same choke you have a IC .660 with mag blends and long beard 6's

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Twowithone

As an owner myself of the 1300 that's a good looking turkey rig plus your other barrels, its an all around shotgun for sure. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.