Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just waiting on somebody to get killed doing this!!!

Started by BigMick, January 02, 2015, 03:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMick

Even the big call companies are getting on this bandwagon!!

Crazy if you ask me......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQgMAVSPUeE

guesswho

I'm not a fan of decoys to start with.   This one even takes the risk factor up a notch or two.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

M Sharpe

They are a little late in the game! A few years ago, someone came out with a fan that clipped to the barrel of your gun! Surprised someone wasn't killed then!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

mgm1955

Next maybe they can make one that can be worn as a cap to make sure you can get shot!

tomstopper

Quote from: guesswho on January 02, 2015, 03:28:12 PM
I'm not a fan of decoys to start with.   This one even takes the risk factor up a notch or two.
:agreed: I wouldn't even feel comfortable using this on a private piece of property. Every year we catch people hunting on our posted property and it only takes one time. To each his own though but if anyone does decide to use this method, I hope they do it as safely as possible.....

ericjames

If someone is stupid enough to try this they need to be took out of the gene pool. Now what would be neat is to strap it to a RC truck and drive it around. :fud: :OGani:

mikejd

Where I hunt I rarely see anyone and I dont even like putting a Jake Deke out. This is crazy.

VA_Birdhunter

Very dangerous!!!!  And most certainly not how I hunt or want to hunt the king of spring!   I'll sit and play the game and walk out empty handed before I try something crazy like that!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

J Hook Max

My dad was an old time turkey hunter who died just a few years after turkey decoys came out. He believed just using a single hen decoy was risky. He would think many of todays hunters were totally nuts. Have to say I would agree.

allaboutshooting

A very dangerous activity in my opinion.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

rusty4269

Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on January 02, 2015, 11:53:09 PM
Very dangerous!!!!  And most certainly not how I hunt or want to hunt the king of spring!   I'll sit and play the game and walk out empty handed before I try something crazy like that!

God bless

I agree 100%.  I've only been turkey hunting a couple years but I've hunted my whole life. This just takes the fun out of it. Especially if you get shot in the process.   
Jeremiah 29:11

ericjames

I bet 90% of the time I go hunting I don't carry anything but a few mouth calls and a gun. No vest or chair. Mostly because I feel like it ties me down so to speak. I just can't get around as quite and easy as I like when carrying a bunch of stuff.  I couldn't imagine having to carry around 2 or 3 decoys also. That's the main reason I don't use decoys. But this is very nuts. It won't be long someone will get hurt or killed doing this.

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

ericjames

Quote from: silvestris on January 03, 2015, 08:28:30 PM
They walk among us, and they vote.
. That's a fact!

J Hook Max

I'm with Eric James on this one. I think if every turkey hunter would devote at least one spring season to hunting without decoys, he would discover calling and woodsmanship skills he didn't realize he had. It is a very good way to make yourself a much better turke hunter. I did not say more successful but a better hunter. Those learned skills will pay off for many more springs to come.