OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What A Start!

Started by guesswho, January 01, 2015, 01:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Had a good start to 2015.  I tried to find some hogs yesterday afternoon on my property in Alabama.  All I saw was a nice 8 point following a doe, and then a 6 point on another doe.  So last night I told my Dad that I would take him to a ground blind and drop him off in the Mule and then walk back and sit with him this morning to see if we could get him a deer.  Deer were every where.  Then about 9:30 I spot a shooter for these parts.  The deer was 50-60 yards from us for ten minutes.   For some reason my Dad couldn't pick him up in the scope.  Might be because his eye's are 86 years old.  He said all I can see is horns, I told him to look lower :TooFunny:   Finally he told me to take the gun and shoot it.

After we got back to the trailer my Mom said it was in the front yard too.  She got several pictures of it.  She said it was in the front yard about 20 minutes.  Even though he didn't get the deer I thought that is probably the best start I've ever had to a new year.  He really enjoyed seeing that buck.  I just wish he could have picked him up in the scope.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

Congrats!  That's a shooter for me for sure.

Happy New Year! :happy0167:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

VA_Birdhunter

Buddy that's awesome!  Time with your day is precious time indeed!  I cherish ever min and second I get with him!  To top it off you got to see a very nice buck!  Happy new year and I pray you have many more great moments this year!!

God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Gobble!

Better than my start all I saw was empty cans.

vaturkey

That's a great buck Ronnie ! Good luck to your Dad ! Hope he gets him !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

mgm1955

Great story, nice buck. Good luck to your dad!

surehuntsalot

hang in there ya"ll will get him
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

flintlock

That is awesome Ronnie.  To be out there w him and see that whopper buck is just great.

Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

M Sharpe

Great to be out with your pa Ronnie! Great story and a whopper buck!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

renegade19

tomstopper

Quote from: vaturkey on January 01, 2015, 04:37:13 PM

That's a great buck Ronnie ! Good luck to your Dad ! Hope he gets him !  :icon_thumright:
X2

marshboy

Ronnie,
My Dad died less than a year into his retirement...I cherish the memories of our time together in the outdoors most of all.
I'm glad you are not taking your experiences with your Dad for granted.
All the best,
Greg

owlhoot

True sportsmanship is what we have here guys and gals. Guess who did not shoot that deer. instead giving his dad another chance for later. :you_rock:

Had a good teacher did you.

We need an update on the rest of the story when you get a chance. :icon_thumright:

guesswho

I'll give and update when I get a chance to get the pictures uploaded.  I'll give a hint.  He figured two smaller 8 pts. were as good as the one big one.  Not the same day though.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff