turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal's new shell ?

Started by Oconeeguy, December 29, 2014, 01:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oconeeguy

In an email notification from Cabela's, there is a Federal shell called"3rd Degree". It has 5,6,7 sized shot in it, with 7 being heavyweight. 5 & 6 are apparently lead. Strange that I went to the Federal web site, and could not find them. Maybe since I have signed up to get advertising from Cabela's, they could be sending me  and others notification of a brand-spanking new shell ???

Their concept sounds good, kinda like Magblends but with lead/tungsten mix.

ccaldwell

Seems like a pretty good idea in theory. I like the idea of the #5s being the Flitestopper shape to spread out at short distances

davisd9

No interest. They need to just make the HWs without the FCW.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

TURKEYWHACKER

I used to love the Premiums before they added the Flite Control wads. My Kick's Gobblin Thunder just doesn't like the new shells.

reynolds243

Pay $25 for 5 shells that are mostly lead? I'll pass.

Proverbs 3:5

Sent from my phone using Technology

alclark2

Quote from: reynolds243 on December 29, 2014, 11:39:14 PM

That's the part that blows my mind. At these prices you can get better ammo. I'd rather have 10 lead LBs or 5 shells of hevi 7s.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Gobble!

Quote from: davisd9 on December 29, 2014, 08:46:16 PM
No interest. They need to just make the HWs without the FCW.

Sent from the Strut Zone

yep

Quote from: reynolds243 on December 29, 2014, 11:39:14 PM

yep

Old Gobbler

Look for this product to be Federals "replacement" premium turkey shell item for the heavyweight  , that has long be speculated to be phased out due to market pricing of raw materials

The WATERFOWL offerings for the heavyweight have already been discontinued
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Rockhound

Quote from: Old Gobbler on December 30, 2014, 11:09:06 AM
Look for this product to be Federals "replacement" premium turkey shell item for the heavyweight  , that has long be speculated to be phased out due to market pricing of raw materials

The WATERFOWL offerings for the heavyweight have already been discontinued

The turkey stuff ainto far behind

Old Gobbler

Again , about January  time every year there is some sort of drama surrounding turkey ammo availability and speculated consistency - if you like shooting this or any particular ammo go and pick up a few boxes and save yourself the possible headache of running out
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

TauntoHawk

Interesting concept, blows me away they keep plugging along with the FCW after everyone says they hate it. "No one like our product lets not change only that component of if"

Priced wrong, if it was a few dollar more than longbeards they'd stand to gain some ground you can't price it like hevi because it won't perform with meg blends.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

silvestris

I hope Winchester will start making the Longbeard XR in 20 ga., like real soon.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

buck_hunter21

I saw a review of them today. Not impressed.
Spill Blood

JuniorPre 360

After about $50, I found the shell that patterns well in my M3500/ Jellyhead combo. I'm not switching shells for the next 50 years.