OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Has anyone seen this EXTREMELY DANGEROUS decoy ?

Started by HoleInTheWall Longbeard, March 20, 2011, 11:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

Email is priceless.. Makes it safer cuz you have both hands on the gun LOL How bought making the thing out of metal to shield the barrage of pellets your are going to take..

guesswho

I'm going to email them a recommended amendment to the instructions.

Instructions:

1. Take out large insurance policy on person using Go2.

2. Person using Go2 should carry identification at all times, especially if hunting alone.

3. Attach next of kins phone number to your hunting and or drivers license.

4. If you feel the need to use Go2, think strongly about going to local super market and just buying a turkey.

5. Keep your receipt for your purchase of Go2 attached to your next of kin list,  so your next of kin can return it for
a full refund to help with the burial expenses.

6.  Make sure person using Go2 has their living will signed and updated.  No need to keep someone on life support who would rather not be on it.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

navert

Hello, my name is Trevan Rose and I am one of the inventors of the Go2Gobbler.  I have come on here to clear up some things about the Go2Gobbler.  The Go2Gobbler is not a gimmick.  The Go2Gobbler in its current form was invented after hunting for a couple years with prototypes that we built and hunted with ourselves.  I will give you a brief description of how the Go2Gobbler came to be.

A few years ago my dad was hunting a large farm we had leased when he came upon a group of Toms in a large field.  He called to the birds from the edge of the woods but the birds showed no interest.  He recalled hearing an old timer tell him about using a turkey fan to "fan in" turkeys years ago.  My dad got out his TransFan and held it in front of him and walked out in the field...not crawled, he walked out there and the turkeys immediately ran towards him.  In the excitement of trying to hold the fan and his shotgun and get a shot off all at the same time, he missed the dominant Tom.

Just a few days later and on the same farm he came to an open field where a gobbler was breeding a hen...this time he didn't attempt to call because the bird already had everything he wanted right there with him.  He did the same thing...he held the TransFan and eased out into the field and as soon as the Tom saw the fan, he immediately left the hen and came running towards my dad.  Just like before, he shot and missed the bird due to the difficulty of trying to hold the fan and the shotgun at the same time.

After talking to several people about the experience, we found out that many "old timers" had been "fanning" birds in and stalking birds this way for a long time...heck at the NWTF show I even had an old man tell me that he had been killing birds for years by clamping a real turkey fan to his gun using a jumper cable clamp.

So we set out to accomplish 2 things with our decoy...
1, create the most lifelike and realistic looking 2 dimensional decoy on the market.
And 2, give hunters that choose to do so, the option to clamp the decoy to their barrel and stalk stubborn, "henned up" birds.

We did a lot of field testing with our prototypes and had a lot of success both in stalking birds that just wouldn't move and in attracting dominant territorial Toms.

I don't think people that have safety concerns with our product are crazy...actually a person would be irresponsible to just clamp the decoy to their gun barrel and take off through the woods without a care in the world.  This decoy was not designed for the irresponsible.  But, for responsible hunters who like using decoys or just want a new way to hunt turkeys, we believe it is the ultimate decoy because it offers something extra that no other decoy does.  I understand that some hunters do not like using decoys under any circumstances either due to safety reasons or because they believe it gives hunters an unfair advantage...Those are fine opinions and I respect that but I would ask that you respect our hunting methods and know that someone getting injured using our product is the absolute last thing we would want to happen.

Not that it necessarily makes it right or wrong, but many professional guides have been using this method to stalk birds for a long time...they have just simply held decoys like the B-Mobile or Killer-B while their hunters walk behind them as they stalk the Toms.

If you have never stalked a bird or "fanned in" a bird, it is hard to comprehend how well it works...we were skeptical ourselves until we hunted with our prototypes and saw the effectiveness first hand.

A lot of time and effort have been put into developing this decoy so I respectfully ask that you give the Go2Gobbler another look and think about how inappropriate it would be to blame our company for an individual's irresponsibility.  I doubt anyone would say the invention of the automobile is a bad idea because some people drive irresponsibly...most people understand that though some might use their car or truck irresponsibly/inappropriately, most people use their vehicle like they were meant to be used.  The same is true for the Go2Gobbler.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Trevan Rose
trevan@wallhangeroutdoorproducts.com

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: navert on March 21, 2011, 10:59:13 PM

Hello, my name is Trevan Rose and I am one of the inventors of the Go2Gobbler.  I have come on here to clear up some things about the Go2Gobbler.  The Go2Gobbler is not a gimmick.  The Go2Gobbler in its current form was invented after hunting for a couple years with prototypes that we built and hunted with ourselves.  I will give you a brief description of how the Go2Gobbler came to be.

A few years ago my dad was hunting a large farm we had leased when he came upon a group of Toms in a large field.  He called to the birds from the edge of the woods but the birds showed no interest.  He recalled hearing an old timer tell him about using a turkey fan to "fan in" turkeys years ago.  My dad got out his TransFan and held it in front of him and walked out in the field...not crawled, he walked out there and the turkeys immediately ran towards him.  In the excitement of trying to hold the fan and his shotgun and get a shot off all at the same time, he missed the dominant Tom.

Just a few days later and on the same farm he came to an open field where a gobbler was breeding a hen...this time he didn't attempt to call because the bird already had everything he wanted right there with him.  He did the same thing...he held the TransFan and eased out into the field and as soon as the Tom saw the fan, he immediately left the hen and came running towards my dad.  Just like before, he shot and missed the bird due to the difficulty of trying to hold the fan and the shotgun at the same time.

After talking to several people about the experience, we found out that many "old timers" had been "fanning" birds in and stalking birds this way for a long time...heck at the NWTF show I even had an old man tell me that he had been killing birds for years by clamping a real turkey fan to his gun using a jumper cable clamp.

So we set out to accomplish 2 things with our decoy...
1, create the most lifelike and realistic looking 2 dimensional decoy on the market.
And 2, give hunters that choose to do so, the option to clamp the decoy to their barrel and stalk stubborn, "henned up" birds.

We did a lot of field testing with our prototypes and had a lot of success both in stalking birds that just wouldn't move and in attracting dominant territorial Toms.

I don't think people that have safety concerns with our product are crazy...actually a person would be irresponsible to just clamp the decoy to their gun barrel and take off through the woods without a care in the world.  This decoy was not designed for the irresponsible.  But, for responsible hunters who like using decoys or just want a new way to hunt turkeys, we believe it is the ultimate decoy because it offers something extra that no other decoy does.  I understand that some hunters do not like using decoys under any circumstances either due to safety reasons or because they believe it gives hunters an unfair advantage...Those are fine opinions and I respect that but I would ask that you respect our hunting methods and know that someone getting injured using our product is the absolute last thing we would want to happen.

Not that it necessarily makes it right or wrong, but many professional guides have been using this method to stalk birds for a long time...they have just simply held decoys like the B-Mobile or Killer-B while their hunters walk behind them as they stalk the Toms.

If you have never stalked a bird or "fanned in" a bird, it is hard to comprehend how well it works...we were skeptical ourselves until we hunted with our prototypes and saw the effectiveness first hand.

A lot of time and effort have been put into developing this decoy so I respectfully ask that you give the Go2Gobbler another look and think about how inappropriate it would be to blame our company for an individual's irresponsibility.  I doubt anyone would say the invention of the automobile is a bad idea because some people drive irresponsibly...most people understand that though some might use their car or truck irresponsibly/inappropriately, most people use their vehicle like they were meant to be used.  The same is true for the Go2Gobbler.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Trevan Rose
:welcomeOG:

knightrider

TScottW99

In your field tests did you have a trespasser shoot at your turkey in front of your face with a rifle from afar?

In your field tests did a camo'd hunter blast the 2D decoy that was coming across the field?

In your field tests did your attorney advise you to gets lot of liability insurance?

I think fanning is dangerous and something I would never do, forget putting a turkey on my gun.

Of course I have been shot on private property by a trespasser just for walking across a field.  Guess I don't want to push my luck.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

chatterbox

turkey slayer

Quote from: simpzenith on March 20, 2011, 01:08:50 PM
I showed this to my girlfriend and told her I was going to get her one for this spring and she replied, "I don't want that ridiculous looking thing!" I asked her why and she said the colors were all wrong. When I asked "What about the fact that it mounts to the end of your gun and you might get shot" she says, "Oh, that too!".  :TooFunny:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

navert

Quote from: TScottW99 on March 22, 2011, 12:48:34 AM
In your field tests did you have a trespasser shoot at your turkey in front of your face with a rifle from afar?

In your field tests did a camo'd hunter blast the 2D decoy that was coming across the field?

In your field tests did your attorney advise you to gets lot of liability insurance?

I think fanning is dangerous and something I would never do, forget putting a turkey on my gun.

Of course I have been shot on private property by a trespasser just for walking across a field.  Guess I don't want to push my luck.

That is terrible that you got shot on private property by a trespasser...I hope the person that did that was prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  Based on your experiences, I fully understand why you would be leery of fanning, hunting with decoys, or just hunting at all.  To me it seems like the issue is with trespassing and/or irresponsible hunters, not hunting equipment.

We do have liability insurance...anyone is business now-a-days HAS to have liability insurance...We live in a society where people look everywhere but in the mirror to blame whatever happens to them (not saying it was your fault you got shot, but if you were using a decoy, it wasn't the decoy's fault or the company's fault that made the decoy)

We could all probably think of hundreds of products that are extremely dangerous to use if not used with extreme caution...Climbing tree stands (and I know people who will not use a climber at all because of a bad past experience), firearms, bows, cars, motorcycles, alcohol, lawn mowers, knives, power tools, anything sharp...this list goes on and on.

-Trevan

simpzenith

Mr Trevan, you are fighting a losing battle trying to convince any hunter in their right mind that they should risk their life using this product.

FireFly908

Trevan

I appreciate your attempt to explain "fanning" birds and how well it works BUT you obviously don't understand the dangers of it.  Just using a Gobbler call is considered dangerous, especially on public ground, and is used only sparingly by safe, experienced hunters after observing and considering the situation.  They don't put the killing of a turkey above their safety.  Turkey hunters that need a guide that uses "fanning" are most likely beginners that don't understand the dangers of this practice and these are the same individuals that your product is appealing to.  

Yes, "fanning" works and nobody doubts that, but it's just downright dangerous.  Since all the people on this site are serious turkey hunters that enjoy turkey hunting, there is no way they want to do something dangerous to get that gobbler as soon as possible.  They enjoy being out in the field and enjoying the wildlife and coming home at the end of the day in one piece so they can go back the next day.  You Must Understand How Dangerous The Practice Of "FANNING" Is!

Solid Snake

I'm in my second season of turkey hunting and I don't see the point in fanning. Why would you want to walk up to a gobbler and shoot it? Doesn't that kinda take the fun out of it??

As for that goofy decoy...might as well paint a target on your face and walk around the far end of the firing range.

navert

Quote from: Shaw24 on March 22, 2011, 01:14:43 PM
I'm in my second season of turkey hunting and I don't see the point in fanning. Why would you want to walk up to a gobbler and shoot it? Doesn't that kinda take the fun out of it??

Some folks might feel the same way you do...others might argue that fanning birds or stalking birds is the most exciting and fun way to hunt...I would say that is for each hunter to decide.

Like I said before, just because some people are doing something doesn't make it necessarily right or wrong but here are some examples of other people who have "fanned in" birds.

http://www.hoyt.com/community/article_detail.php?id=89#0

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1211262&page=1

Quote from: FireFly908 on March 22, 2011, 11:42:02 AM
Trevan

I appreciate your attempt to explain "fanning" birds and how well it works BUT you obviously don't understand the dangers of it.  Just using a Gobbler call is considered dangerous, especially on public ground, and is used only sparingly by safe, experienced hunters after observing and considering the situation.  They don't put the killing of a turkey above their safety.  Turkey hunters that need a guide that uses "fanning" are most likely beginners that don't understand the dangers of this practice and these are the same individuals that your product is appealing to. 

Yes, "fanning" works and nobody doubts that, but it's just downright dangerous.  Since all the people on this site are serious turkey hunters that enjoy turkey hunting, there is no way they want to do something dangerous to get that gobbler as soon as possible.  They enjoy being out in the field and enjoying the wildlife and coming home at the end of the day in one piece so they can go back the next day.  You Must Understand How Dangerous The Practice Of "FANNING" Is!

It sounds like what you are saying is that turkey hunting can be an inherently dangerous sport...I agree 100%.

Again, our product is not a gimmick but rather an innovative decoy that adds a new dimension to the sport.  If you are uncomfortable with this type of hunting that is fine...just keep doing what you're doing.  I would not encourage anyone to do anything they aren't comfortable with...besides, "fanning" or moving with the decoy is only part of what the Go2Gobbler does...remember, Primarily it is simply a lightweight and foldable stutting gobbler decoy.

-Trevan

shootumindaface

I have a serious question.. How are you going to be able to sleep at night when somebody is shot using your product?